Getting a pair of sneakers for playing tennis and casual use is something you might be looking forward to. Well, that is why you are on this page looking for the best tennis sneakers and we are here to serve you those from some of the best brands in the world. However, our search has been pretty thorough since the requirement for this category was slightly different from the tennis shoes we usually cover on our site.
So in this article, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Tennis Sneakers 2020 with their reviews. Since we are discussing shoes again, the ranking factors will mostly be the same where special importance will be given to the brand value, quality, performance, price, and features of the best sneakers for tennis we are choosing for our list.
We’ll be looking at the combination of materials that are used in their making. The quality of the sole is definitely important alongside the weight and durability of the shoes. We also check the percentage of sizes of a particular sneaker that fits well in the feet of the users. Since we have mentioned everything required, let us move on to cover our 10 best tennis sneakers.
Top 10 Best Tennis Sneakers Comparison Table:
1.Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2015 Tennis Shoe:There is one thing we always knew for sure that Adidas is the king of sneakers. When you start playing the game or even use them casually, you feel the actual difference between this brand and the others. That is why this Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2015 Tennis Shoe is our first pick for the list.
- A 100% pure combination of leather, synthetic, and textile materials
- The rubber sole of these shoes is there to ensure the grip and traction
- The mesh upper ensures the breathability you needed
- You will love the comfort level of these shoes due to the foam cushioning
Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2015 Tennis Shoe Review: Best Tennis Sneakers for Wide Feet.
While Adidas ensures all the best quality shoes like this one, it is also quite expensive. Even this pair from 2015 is still priced over $100 which might not be affordable for many of you guys. However, what we can vouch for is the quality of Adidas shoes, especially this one which comes is made from the combination of leather, textile, and synthetic materials bringing the required durability, comfort, and even breathability due to the mesh upper used in the design.
Whether you are wearing them for playing tennis or for casual use, you will always feel comfortable and cool due to the foam cushioning and breathable mesh upper which ensures the proper airflow in and out of the shoes. Also, the special feature is the barricade chassis which ensures maximum stability and support for the tennis players.
Adidas Performance Men's Barricade 2015
- A very durable outsole is present
- The overall comfort and durability are impressive
- These shoes are breathable even
- These fit well and also look very stylish
- Might not last long as you think
- The price is an expensive one
2.Adidas Men’s Adizero Defiant Bounce Tennis Shoe:
If you want to stick with Adidas but the above choice is too expensive, you can go for this Adidas Men’s Adizero Defiant Bounce Tennis Shoe which is our 2nd pick for the list. A lightweight tennis sneaker which is a combination of textile and synthetic has got a lot to impress you as a user.
- The amazing comfort and flexibility with the bounce cushioning
- The bootie construction which has always worked for fitting well
- The breathability and cooling from the single-layered mesh upper
- The shaft which measures at low-top from the arch
Adidas Men’s Adizero Defiant Bounce Tennis Shoe Review: Best Tennis Sneakers for Flat Feet.
After reviewing these tennis sneakers, we are already in love with them and have many reasons to back that love up. For instance, the first thing we would like to bring you is the TPU which brings the maximum support and durability it can for these Adidas Men’s Adizero Defiant Bounce Tennis Shoes. The second is the bounce foam cushioning providing the required comfort and flexibility for which these shoes have always been famous.
Just to make sure that all sizes of these shoes may fit well, Adidas has made use of the bootie construction and thus most of the sizes fit perfectly in your feet. The cooling and breathability which you will experience come from the single-layered mesh on the upper part and thus you will stay comfortable throughout the wearing experience. Also, don’t forget the rubber sole which has been designed well for the required traction and grip.
Adidas Men's Adizero Defiant Bounce
- The quality TPU exterior for support
- These are a lot durable than you think
- A comfortable and breathable pair of sneakers
- The seamless bootee construction to impress you guys
- The messy attached tongue
- Not all sizes would fit well
3.ASICS Gel-Court Speed Men’s Tennis Shoes:
The seamless construction of the previous shoes has inspired this brand as well and thus we have these ASICS Gel-Court Speed Men’s Tennis Shoes as our third pick for the list. A combination of manmade and mesh materials, this pair is designed with its low-top arch for an amazing experience in the tennis court.
- The seamless construction for the max reduction of irritation and friction
- The cushioning system which is comfortable and shock absorbing
- TST technology maintains shoe-integrity while maintaining the weight
- The toe durability is enhanced by the P-Guard protector
ASICS Gel-Court Speed Men’s Tennis Shoes Review:
What we noticed about these ASICS Gel-Court Speed Men’s Tennis Shoes is that they make your movements easier. This is solely due to the cushioning system which has proper shock attenuation as your foot is allowed proper transitions through the gait cycle and your feet move with ease. Also, with the rubber sole, you get the required grip and traction in both hard and soft courts enhancing the experience which you had always been looking for.
We were glad to see the presence of TST technology. With the help of this technology, a manufacturer is able to reduce the weight of the shoes making them lighter while maintaining the overall integrity which is required. Also, the rear and front foot gel cushioning seems seamless as ever which provides the required support and stability. However, even though it has a P-Guard toe protector, the toe seems to wear off in a few months.
ASICS Gel-Court Speed Men's
- Very good shoes for tennis and pickleball
- You will love the comfort of this pair
- These grip well and have great support
- Order a half size large and these fit perfectly
- We don’t like the price
- The toe comes off on hard courts
4.Babolat Mens SFX3 Cushioned Supportive All Court Tennis Shoes:
Babolat Men’s SFX3 Cushioned Supportive All Court Tennis Shoes are our 4th pick for the list. This is one of the brands we never made to our previous lists, however, it had to this time because of the quality sneakers the produce known for great stability, comfort, and support.
- These SFX3 shoes have a whole new cushioning system for comfort
- The Michelin Performance outsole provides great support and durability
- You will love the Active Flexion Upper a single-layered mesh for breathability
- The required dynamic performance you always required for tennis
Babolat Mens SFX3 Cushioned Supportive All Court Tennis Shoes Review:
While there might be a lot of negative reviews as well, you should know that the design of these Babolat Mens SFX3 Cushioned Supportive All Court Tennis Shoes is ideal for people with wide feet. Based on this special requirement, the cushioning has been done pretty well with a perfect grip in any court at the same time. Also, if you are playing in the hot summer days, these sneakers are properly ventilated and thus you will feel very comfortable.
One of the things we don’t like is the sizing problem which has many people confused about them. Since these are designed for the wide feet, just make that you buy half a size smaller if you have got narrow feet. This is a great pair for tennis and casual use, however, you will need to be very smart while buying it.
Babolat Mens SFX3
- Much better options than SFX2
- These are comfortable for wide feet
- The support for wide feet is incredible
- A lot of color options available for this one
- The higher price range
- Not suitable for narrow feet
- The durability of the sole is questionable
5.HEAD Men’s Grid 2.0 Low Indoor Court Shoes:
Bringing brands other than Nike or Adidas for this list has been a healthy practice. For the 5th pick, we have chosen these HEAD Men’s Grid 2.0 Low Indoor Court Shoes. In fact, we had another option in mind but its unavailability made us choose an alternative.
- These shoes are purely made of 100% synthetic for durability
- The rubber sole brings the required grip and traction
- The air mesh upper keeps your feet cool with maximum breathability
- The abrasion resistance of this pair is surprisingly higher
HEAD Men’s Grid 2.0 Low Indoor Court Shoes Review:
One of the reasons why we liked these HEAD Men’s Grid 2.0 Low Indoor Court Shoes for this list is their compatibility which makes them good for tennis, basketball, pickleball, and a lot of other sports which are played on indoor courts. Since only synthetic and synthetic leather uppers are used in the making, these shoes are a bit heavy and thus it is very important that you keep this factor in mind all the time.
Even though these shoes are a bit heavy, you will still feel comfortable since the air mesh upper keeps the airflow proper. On the other hand, the rubber sole of these shoes provides the required grip, balance, and traction on both hard and soft tennis courts. The abrasion resistance of these shoes is also high and thus they are going to stay with you for a long while.
HEAD Men's Grid 2.0
- The 100% synthetic material for durability and abrasion resistance
- The synthetic leather and mesh upper make them breathable
- The non-marking rubber outsole enhances the durability of the shoes
- Not durable enough for running
- Many sizes are heavy and smaller
6.K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express:
The tennis shoes by K-Swiss have forever been our favorites. For this list, these K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoes are our 6th pick. We like these shoes since these are good for playing a wide variety of sports. Also, these are lightweight, breathable, and durable shoes which are especially good for indoor sports like Tennis and Basketball.
- We love the lace closure design of this tennis shoes by K-Swiss
- These lightweight shoes are designed for being highly comfortable
- The performance of these shoes in any court has been incredible
- The rubber outsole has been good for traction and durability
K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express Review:
If you like playing sports which are played on indoor courts such as tennis, basketball, badminton, and volleyball, you better get these shoes for training and even professional matches. Due to their lightweight design, these shoes are going to keep your comfortable and thus your performance throughout the matches will be pretty awesome. We love the synthetic leather upper and textile collar lining adding to the breathability and support of these sneakers.
When you are looking for bigger sizes, these tennis sneakers can get expensive and that is one of the reasons why many people refrain from buying these. However, we are talking about a few bigger sizes only but when you look at the premium features such as the lightweight and comfortable design, you would end up saving more and pay for it. This is definitely one of our top recommendations if you are looking for a better pair of indoor tennis sneakers.
K-Swiss Men's Hypercourt Express
- Most of their sizes fit perfectly
- These shoes are pretty comfortable
- The insole can be removed for ease
- The overall toe experience is very soft
- Might wear out quickly on hard courts
- The expensive price range for larger sizes
7.Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 Tennis Shoes:
When you have got problems like bad knees or plantar fasciitis, we recommend getting these Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 Tennis Shoes which are our 7th pick for the list. This is one of our favorite choices due to the textile and synthetic material used in the making and many other premium features:
- The enhanced breathability and comfort with a two-layered mesh upper
- These are made from the combo of textile and synthetic materials
- THE ADITUFF wraps around the shoes for providing maximum abrasion resistance
- The propulsion and efficiency of the forefoot is pretty great
Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 Tennis Shoes Review:
There are many premium features but we will mainly talk about the ADITUFF which wraps around these shoes to enhance the quality abrasion resistance. Also, we love the 3D torsion technology which enhances the midfoot quality making these shoes more supportive and comfortable to wear.
The stuff which is wrapped around these shoes also minimizes the toe drag. Some special webbing has been done in the midfoot which provides some extra stability, especially during the fast cutting movements which will now be easier to do for you. Being an Adidas product, even the price range is pretty ideal.
Adidas Men's Adizero Ubersonic 2
- The higher abrasion resistance
- The quality rubber sole
- The support and durability are better
- These are good for fast cutting movements
- The better breathability
- A little medium size issues
- No other cons we know of
8.Adidas Men’s Barricade Court 3 Wide Tennis Shoes:
If you already love with Adidas Barricade but cannot afford the latest ones, we brought these classic Adidas Men’s Barricade Court 3 Wide Tennis Shoes as our 8th pick. Here is another textile and synthetic product famous for its torsion system and abrasion resistance.
- The great torsion stability for stability which runs from heels to the forefoot
- The upper part used mesh to enhance the breathability
- The better abrasion resistance makes lateral movements easier
- The shaft of these shoe measures at low-top with great ankle support
Adidas Men’s Barricade Court 3 Wide Tennis Shoes Review:
Though these classic Adidas Men’s Barricade Court 3 Wide Tennis Shoes have run old, the torsion system they have is still compatible with the modern tennis needs. In fact, when you consider the factor of abrasion resistance, these shoes look much better than any other we have reviewed. Also, the combination of textile and synthetic also looks great.
Being an older model, the size issues of these shoes are minimal. In fact, the main fitness issues for wide feet were tackled pretty smartly by this pair by bringing a wider midfoot support system. Never forget the ADIWEAR outsole which greatly enhances the durability of the shoes.
Adidas Men's Barricade Court 3
- The cloud foam super comfortable cushioning
- The forefoot stability is incredible
- One of the most durable Adidas shoes
- The best tennis sneakers which fit well
- Some sizes do run narrow
- The toe box is too large for some
9.Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vapor X Tennis Shoes:
None of our lists get completed without Nike and for the 9th pick, we had to bring these Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vapor X Tennis Shoes. This is another of the older Nike models which are made of 100% synthetic which makes them heavy but durable at the same time.
- These have a high-quality rubber sole for great traction and grip
- The speed and agility in these shoes get better and advanced
- These might be heavy due to the synthetic but also durable
- You will love the dynamic fit technology for your feet.
Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vapor X Tennis Shoes Review:
The things explained in the features do exist and here, we will talk about the TPU midfoot shank which is known for providing ultimate stability and lateral support which you always require as a tennis player. Also, the herringbone outsole pattern ensures that these shoes provide you even better traction than before.
Throughout the playing experience in the court, you will stay comfortable due to the cushioned footbed of these Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vapor X Tennis Shoes. The breathable textile lining ensures a calm and cool experience for your feet with some proper airflow inside the pair.
Nike Men's Air Zoom Vapor X
- The padded collar and tongue
- The durable and supportive pair
- The great mid-foot support with TPU shank
- The footbed is cushioned for ultimate comfort
- The availability is running narrow
- Some medium-size fitness issues
10.New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes:
What could be a better final product than these New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes? Yes, a combination of 100% synthetic and mesh upper, these durable and lightweight shoes can really bring the experience you have been looking for.
- The rev-lite midsole is designed for maximum comfort and stability
- The durability and traction gets enhanced due to the herringbone outsole
- The rubber sole of these shoe brings the required traction and grip
- One of the very rare tennis sneakers with great endurance in the court
New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes Review:
There is no doubt that you will need to save a lot of money for these New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes. However, what you get is really a premium product where all the top features like endurance, stability, and comfort come merging in to provide a great pair of tennis sneakers. Like many classic pairs, this one is also made of 100% synthetic.
One of the reasons why we love these shoes is because they fit so well and thus a highly recommended product, especially when you have wide feet. If you are facing problems like plantar fasciitis or bad knees, some of their features could be really helpful.
New Balance Men's MC996
- Sneakers which have great endurance
- The midfoot is cushioned well for comfort
- The traction and stability comes from the herringbone outsole
- The rev-lite midsole does the rest
- A very high asking price
- The plastic shell makes them uncomfortable
Quick Reviews of 10 Best Tennis Sneakers:
So these were out 10 best tennis sneakers and their reviews in 2020. Just make sure that you read the reviews thoroughly and choose the products which are highly suitable for your needs. Instead of going for an attractive and fancy design, it is highly recommended that you go for durability and comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Which tennis shoes are the best?
Here are the top picks of the Best Tennis Shoes
- Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade
- Adidas Men’s Adizero Defiant Bounce
- ASICS Gel-Court Speed Men’s
- Babolat Mens SFX3 Cushioned
- HEAD Men’s Grid 2.0
What is the most comfortable tennis shoe?
Here are the top picks of the most comfortable tennis shoe
- Adidas Men’s Barricade Court 3
- Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vapor X
- New Balance Men’s MC996
- Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2
- K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt
Are running shoes good for tennis?
It seems obvious that tennis should be played with tennis shoes, especially for side movement. Frequently you see many tennis players wear running shoes because of their comfortable feel instead of tennis shoes. The main impact of running and tennis is heavily determined on the feet. You should play in whatever shoe is the most comfortable and works perfectly for your game.
What is special about tennis shoes?
Running shoes and sneakers are designed to move in only one direction. Tennis shoes are designed for you to play on all court (Clay, Hard, Grass) and move in all directions. It is a game where you need to be in perfect balance and control. Stability and comfort are very important in tennis to perform well.