In the tennis court, you are going to need a variety of movements. You might even require sliding movements in order to play different shots. Depending on the court type you are playing on, doing slides could either get very difficult or easier. Well, this also depends on the types of shoes you are wearing. To get maximum support from your shoes, you will need to choose from the best tennis shoes for sliding.
So in this article, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Sliding 2020 alongside their reviews. As usual, we will be going through a list of factors discussing the performance, price, quality, and features of these shoes. Also, there is a specific set of features we rely upon to judge the quality of a specific product and then rank it based on that performance.
When you tennis shoes for sliding, you will need to look for a good quality outsole which should provide the required performance while being durable. Also, the quality of the midsole matters as well which should be cushioned well for comfort and support. Having said that, let us now move towards our 10 best tennis shoes for sliding reviews.
Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Sliding Comparison Table:
1.Adidas Originals Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 3 Clay Tennis Shoes:
For the first pick, we have chosen these Adidas Originals Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 3 Clay Tennis Shoes known for providing the ultimate durability, flexibility, lightweight interlocking fiber system, and the enhanced comfort. All of these features are achieved by using the right combination of materials in its making.
- The perfect tennis shoes for sliding made of Synthetic and Textile
- The woven textile upper makes them durable and strong
- These are pretty lightweight and flexible at the same time
- The sock liner has been molded to add comfort and fitness
Adidas Originals Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 3 Clay Tennis Shoes Review:
When it comes to durability, flexibility, and better movements in the tennis court, it has to be Adidas doing it for the tennis players. However, we were quite surprised to see many of the top products getting defeated by these shoes. There are many things that did it for this pair including the full-length polyurethane midsole which has been cushioned properly for comfort and support. Just so they fit comfortably and well, the sock liner used has been molded for that.
Another thing that we like about these Adidas Originals Uber-Sonic Tennis Shoes is the sprint frame construction which enables you to achieve high speed and agility in a very short time. If you are into athletics such as running and jumping then these shoes could also be useful in that situation as well. The whole chassis of these shoes is made highly durable and lightweight to bring maximum support and support whole you playing in the tennis court.
Adidas Originals Men's Adizero Ubersonic 3
- These are comfortable and lightweight
- The support is pretty amazing
- A very durable tennis shoe pair
- You will love the feel of these
- The price range is higher
- A bit tight medium size
2.ASICS Kids Gel-Resolution 7 GS Tennis Shoes:
While the above product is more than enough for adults in different sizes, our 2nd pick for the list is these ASICS Kids Gel-Resolution 7 GS Tennis Shoes. This is a special edition of Gel-Resolution 7 for kids which has been designed to provide maximum support and stability when they are playing in the tennis court.
- The rear and front foot gel cushioning technology is present
- These are very durable shoes made of synthetic materials
- This pair comes with P-Guard toe protector and Flexion Fit Upper
- The shaft of the shoe measures at low-top from the arch
ASICS Kids Gel-Resolution 7 GS Tennis Shoe Review:
In the tennis court, you need to have a stance that is ideal enough for various movements. You will need to be agile and that is why for kids and teenagers, we have brought this ASICS Kids Gel-Resolution 7 GS Tennis Shoe forward. This pair comes with Guard Toe Protector which is wide and durable enough for months of use. Also, the Flexion Fit Upper has been introduced for this design as well which brings maximum support while staying 100% fit at the same time.
Again, the rear and front foot gel cushioning technology by Asics is present in these shoes which ensures better shock attenuation and smoother foot transitions. The rubber sole of the shoes provides the required grip and traction which you need while playing. The shaft measures at low-top from the arch and thus you will get good support while sliding and other movements.
ASICS Kids Gel-Resolution 7 GS
- The better toe durability with Toe Guard
- The smooth transition of the foot
- The better shock attenuation
- The support is unstoppable
- The comfort level is good
- Some sizes could be narrow
- A higher price range for kids
3.New Balance Men’s Mc996v3 Tennis Shoes:
When we tested different shoes for various foot movements, these New Balance Men’s Mc996v3 Tennis Shoe was surprisingly among the top ones. So this is our 3rd pick for the list which is made of 100% pure synthetic materials and uses the traditional rubber sole providing the grip and traction on any tennis court type.
- These shoes are lightweight and durable for playing tennis
- The PROBANK support system for ultimate performance and support
- These shoes fit quite well if you buy a size bigger than the original
- The outsole is made for ultimate traction and durability
New Balance Men’s Mc996v3 Tennis Shoe Review:
Every shoe we bring for the list has its list of imperfect features as well. For instance, this New Balance Men’s Mc996v3 Tennis Shoe runs a bit narrow, especially when you buy your original size. To tackle this problem, we recommend getting a size bigger than your actual one and these will fit quite well. We love the full-length outsole of these shoes which has been designed to increase the durability of the shoes while being tractive at the same time.
Like many other tennis shoes we’ve had by New Balance, it has also got the EVA midsole which has been cushioned well for being comfortable and supportive. The overall design of this New Balance Men’s Mc996v3 Tennis Shoe has been infused by Nylon which ensures a lightweight, durable, and breathable experience. If you have got wide feet then avoid buying them because they can get a bit tighter and give you sores.
New Balance Men's Mc996v3
- The comfort level is really premium
- The lightweight and breathable experience
- These are going to fit well
- The shoes are durable in most sizes
- Many sizes and colors available
- The tight sizes might give you sores
- The bigger sizes are expensive as well
4.Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Mexico 66 Slip-on Shoes:
Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Mexico 66 Slip-on Shoe is our 4th pick for the list. These are now specifically tennis shoes and wouldn’t be allowed in professional matches but you can definitely get them for practice. Also, these shoes can be good for running and playing other sports.
- These sneakers are good for playing sports and wearing casually
- The rubber outsole is treaded and stays durable in the court
- The price range is also quite good and affordable
- These are 100% leather sneakers with the ultimate durability
Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Mexico 66 Slip-on Shoes Review:
If you remember the Olympics held in Mexico in 1968, these were used as the official shoe product. Well, it has lived to this day and is of the same quality and performance it had in those past days. The good thing about these sneakers is that they are made of 100% leather which guarantees their durability. Also, on any surface, you will be getting maximum grip and traction which has been further ensured by their rubber sole.
Being the classic brand, even the outsole of the shoes is made of rubber. This rubber main and outsole will provide the required grip and traction. Also, the design is suitable for both men and women tennis players to wear. Even though it is launched as an original reboot of the classic product, the sizing seems pretty weird and doesn’t feel like it is coming from an original source. Although the size is great and you might like that.
Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Mexico 66
- Good for flat and wide feet
- The design is also impressive
- These shoes are durable
- Good for both men and women
- The design looks sharp
- These aren’t original
- It feels more like synthetic
5.Wilson Women’s Rush Pro 2.5 Tennis Shoes:
For the 5th pick, we have chosen these Wilson Women’s Rush Pro 2.5 which are mesh shoes made for lightweight and breathable experience for the users. The support, stability, and responsiveness are things promised for women tennis players by using the mesh upper which is reinforced by 3D-FS.
- You are going to like the lightweight mesh design of these shoes
- The midsole has been blended quite well for comfort and response
- The footbed of the shoes is lined with textile materials
- The outsole is designed supremely for traction and durability
Wilson Women’s Rush Pro 2.5 Tennis Shoes Review:
It doesn’t matter whether you play tennis or other sports, these shoes are made for ultimate support just so you can hone your athletic skills while staying comfortable and lightweight. You need a wide variety of movements and foot transitions in the tennis court. Achieving that is possible only when you get these lightweight shoes made of mesh and supported by 3D-FS. As far as their midsole is concerned, a blend of responsiveness and cushioning is utilized.
Having a look at the chassis tells you the story of the mid-foot shank which is designed to resist the twisting or turning of the feet. This twisting or turning can happen when you are quickly replying to the opponent’s shots in the court. Again, the rubber outsole of the shoes is designed for durability and traction which is true for all surface types you are playing on. We shouldn’t forget mentioning the removable footbed which is really beneficial in these.
Wilson Women's Rush Pro 2.5
- These mesh shoes are very breathable
- The mid-foot shank’s resistance is great
- These are very stable and breathable
- The lace-up closure design
- The tongue and collar are padded
- The expensive price range
- None others we know of
6.Nike Men’s Air Vapor Advantage Tennis Shoes:
Regardless of the tennis shoe type, we are covering, Nike is always going to appear in the lists. For the 6th pick, we have chosen these Nike Men’s Air Vapor Advantage Tennis Shoes which are synthetic shoes with the sole of the same material and are good for cross-training and running.
- The ideal lace-up closure design has been incorporated
- The upper is of synthetic while the outsole is manmade
- Good supportive and fit shoes for men and women
- These shoes can be used on any surface you want to play on
Nike Men’s Air Vapor Advantage Tennis Shoes Review:
We would agree with most of the users that these shoes don’t have the high quality which we usually get from Nike. However, in the right size, you are going to have a comfortable, lightweight, and stable foot experience. The mesh used in the making of the shoes makes them breathable. Also, whether you want to wear these for sports or fashion purposes, they are going to serve you well both in the tennis court and casual life.
One of the misleading things in the description and images had been the basketball court sole which was being advertised as tennis court sole. However, that would still go well in the tennis court as well, especially for people with wide and flat feet since they do face a lot of trouble while getting the right shoe for their feet. Besides their tennis performance, this pair is quite suitable for running as well.
Nike Men's Air Vapor Advantage
- The color variety is good
- The shoes are comfortable
- These fit well and are lightweight
- The comfortable and stable design
- Not the sole as advertised
- Not great arch support
7.Babolat Men’s SFX3 Cushioned Tennis Shoes:
You didn’t see this coming but yes, these Babolat Men’s SFX3 Cushioned Tennis Shoes are our 7th pick for the list. It has become a famous product for tennis players and is known for its ultimate comfort level, stability, and breathable experience you always wished for.
- These shoes are engineered quite well for support and stability
- The Michelin Performance outsole is something for traction and grip
- This same outsole makes them quite durable for a long term experience
- This model has been designed to work on all court types
- One of the best tennis shoes for sliding
Babolat Men’s SFX3 Cushioned Tennis Shoes Review:
When you compared these performances cushioned tennis shoes with their previous model, you clearly see the quality difference. Due to this increase in quality, you now get a tennis shoe pair that is comfortable, breathable, and lightweight. Also, the support you were looking for has now been enhanced by these quality shoes with dynamic performance.
The best thing about these shoes is that it is good for wide feet and people don’t have to switch between various sizes in order to get the right one. Though the sizing problems, especially in the medium range are still there which aren’t common. As far as the overall experience is concerned, these are very good for tennis.
Babolat Men's SFX3 Cushioned Tennis Shoes
- The comfortable and breathable pair
- The support and performance is premium
- This comes with active flexion and performance outsole
- A newly engineered design for dynamic performance
- The poor sole quality
- Fitness issues in medium size
8.Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 LTD Tennis Shoes:
You could still get the limited edition for the first pick which is this Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 LTD Tennis Shoe. It is our 8th pick for the list which is made of textile and synthetic materials and is a good quality Adidas product with a low-top arch.
- The affordable price range is offered for these limited edition shoes
- The rubber sole is of high-quality and provides good traction
- The shaft of the shoes is at low-top from the arch
- The design also uses mesh lining for a breathable experience
Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 LTD Tennis Shoes Review:
If you are into different indoor sports such as basketball, tennis, and pickleball then you should definitely get these Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 LTD Tennis Shoes. These are good for all of these sports with a sole which provides a good grip, stability, and traction on all court types.
On the other hand, the price of these limited edition shoes by Adidas is quite affordable. Also, the delivery is always on time by the seller so you will be getting your best tennis shoes for sliding right on time. Never forget the lightweight and supportive experience you wish for.
Adidas Men's Adizero Ubersonic 2
- These shoes are stable
- The Eva midsole is great
- The low-top shaft from arch
- The ankle support is great
- The price is also quite affordable
- These are a bit heavier
- The rubber sole isn’t nice
9.Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2017:
If you are someone who is into classic tennis shoes then this Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2017 tennis shoe pair is a gift for you. Being our second last pick, it is also a combo of textile and synthetic with the rubber sole that seems to grip quite well and remain stable.
- The insole of the shoes is removable which is quite good
- The tennis shoes made from the combo of synthetic and textile
- These materials make them lightweight and durable
- The shaft of the shoe measures at low-top for good arch support
Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2017 Reviews:
All the classic Adidas features such as the ADIWEAR 6 outsole and abrasion-resistance ADITUFF are wrapped around these shoes. With the abrasion-resistance material, your shoes are going to last for years without costing you extra money which you would otherwise be spending on other brands. Also, the ADITUFF wraps around the feet well and avoid foot drag.
On the other hand, the ADIWEAR outsole of the shoes enhances traction and durability. The mid-foot stability and stability of the shoes come from the geo-fit construction of the shoes which makes them really supportive and stable. We will also like to mention the midsole cushioning and bootie construction which makes these shoes comfortable.
Adidas Performance Men's Barricade 2017
- These are fit and stable
- The bootie construction is amazing
- The full-length ADIPRENE+ cushioning is premium
- The midsole provides good support and comfort
- The supportive Barricade chassis
- The toe box isn’t that wide
- Also, its durability is a concern
10.Babolat Propulse Fury All Court Men’s Tennis Shoes:
For the final pick, we couldn’t think of anything better than these Babolat Propulse Fury All Court Men’s Tennis Shoes. Made of the textile materials overall, these claim to provide the ultimate speed, strength, and propulsion which has been a deciding factor in the tennis court.
- The better and fast propulsion rate than ever
- The textile material makes them lighter and stable
- The shock absorption you had been looking for
- The support and stability suitable for all tennis court types
Babolat Propulse Fury All Court Men’s Tennis Shoes Review:
The reason why we chose these Babolat Propulse Fury All Court Men’s Tennis Shoes as our last pick is the higher collar and bootie construction which allows you to powerfully hit your shots. Also, the speed you were lacking before has now been reinforced in this new tennis shoe pair so you don’t have to worry about that as well.
Another thing which we like about these shoes is the active flexion fit technology which increases the responsiveness of the shoes. The external shell introduced in these shoes increases the mid-foot and heel support. Also, in the mid-foot, the new compression system enhances the shock absorption providing a better overall experience.
Babolat Propulse Fury All Court Men's Tennis Shoes
- The good mid-foot stability
- The Michelin outsole performance
- The heel and mid-foot support are great
- The compression system for shock absorption
- Good tennis shoes for lateral support
- The narrow design isn’t good
- We don’t like its cushioning
So these were our 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Sliding in 2020 and their reviews. For choosing your pick, make sure that you read the reviews thoroughly and then click the link at the end of each product for buying. We recommend the top Adidas product as the best tennis shoe for sliding, however, you can feel free to choose depending on your price range.
Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Sliding Quick Reviews:
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the best shoes for playing tennis?
Here are the top picks of the Best tennis shoes
- Adidas Originals Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 3
- ASICS Kids Gel-Resolution 7 GS
- New Balance Men’s Mc996v3
- Wilson Women’s Rush Pro 2.5
- Nike Men’s Air Vapor Advantage
What is the most comfortable tennis shoe?
Here are the top picks of the most comfortable tennis shoes
- Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 LTD
- Babolat Propulse Fury
- Babolat Men’s SFX3 Cushioned
- Nike Men’s Air Vapor Advantage
- New Balance Men’s Mc996v3
What is the best tennis shoe for ankle support?
Here are the top picks of the best tennis shoes for ankle support
- ASICS Womens Gel-Kayano 24
- ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18
- New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v7
- Brooks Women’s Addiction 13
- ASICS Men’s GT-2000 4
What are the best sneakers for support?
Here are the top picks of the best sneakers for support