Do you at times feel some intense pain in the heels? Well, that may be because you have plantar fasciitis which is an inflammation of the fibrous tissues. This is the part where your toes get connected to your heels and if they are inflated, you are meant to feel that intense heel pain. It is really a big problem and for tennis players, this can be covered some best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis.
So in this article, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis along with their reviews. We are covering the shoes for plantar fasciitis from some of the best brands in the world including Adidas, Nike, New Balance, and K-Swiss. We have checked these shoes for their price, quality, performance, and features which distinguish them from one and another.
We have mainly looked for the cushioning of the midsole, heels, and how comfortable the sole is because this is where the heels make contact with the shoes and if they are inflated, you will feel the pain which the properly cushioned comfortable shoes wouldn’t allow at all. So all of this being said, we shall move ahead with our 10 best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis 2020 reviews.
Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis Comparison Table:
1.Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2016:
Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade series has certainly improved over the years. It is for their comfort level and good price range that we have chosen these Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2016 Tennis Shoes for the first pick. Made of textile and synthetic, the following are the main features:
- Their rubber sole is light and comfortable for the required grip and traction.
- The entire design is made of synthetic and textile material
- The stability and balance they provide is really good
- All sizes of these shoes fit quite very in your feet
Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2016 Review:
All the effort Adidas has put in making these shoes for making them comfortable has won all the points to earn it the top spot. Whether it is the midsole cushioning or the overall quality, these shoes fit quite well and bring stability which you forever needed. Some people might complain about these shoes being narrow but that only happens if the buyer’s feet are swollen. On the other hand, don’t forget that the stability and comfort you will enjoy are immense
The previous model in this series really bothered people since those weren’t durable at all. However, they have worked so well on the durability of these shoes that it has become the foremost characteristic. For tennis players, these are going to bring the required extra-lateral support which is always required by the players. Another con besides the narrow size issue is the insole runs a little tight, however, that only bothers people who have fat feet.
Adidas Performance Men's Barricade 2016
- The stability and support are great
- These are very durable shoes
- For the most comfortable experience
- The price range and variety are wide
- The length is quite good
- Width is the problem
- Runs narrow sometimes
2.Adidas Men’s Barricade 2018 Tennis Shoes:
The Barricade series by Adidas has been making progress, however, they have also gotten expensive and this is one of the reasons why we had to rank Adidas Men’s Barricade 2018 Tennis Shoes on the 2nd spot. These are much better shoes in terms of features but the price is quite high and the features are mentioned below:
- These new Adidas Men’s Barricade 2018 Tennis Shoes have a bootie construction
- These are manmade imported shoes with a quality rubber sole
- The tongue of these shoes is soft and stretchable for fitting comfortably
- This pair has some good abrasion resistance so these wrap well around the toes
Adidas Men’s Barricade 2018 Tennis Shoes Review:
There are a lot of things we need to talk about but let us start with tongue and collar. As far as the tongue of these Adidas Men’s Barricade 2018 Tennis Shoes is concerned, it is of good length and comfortable at the same time. The padded collar shall provide good support to the feet and you will be in for some real treat. Never forget the abrasion resistance which happens because the shoes wrap so good around the feet.
Just so they can fit properly, the tongue of these shoes can be stretched and it is all because of the bootie construction which has made them better. The features of great stability, fitness, and balance are always there. The rubber sole is going to provide you the required grip and traction and the forefoot ensures enough propulsion and efficiency. Also, the shaft of the shoe measures at low-top from the arch.
Adidas Men's Barricade 2018
- The shaft is designed so well
- These are stretchable and comfortable
- These wraps so well around the feet
- It provides great extra-lateral support
- The price is too much
- The change which was required
3.Prince Men’s T22 Mid Tennis Shoes:
We have been covering these shoes for a long time now and one of the most promising pairs is these Prince Men’s T22 Mid Tennis Shoes. This is our 3rd pick for the list and these are shoes made of synthetic and mesh making them both durable and breathable. The following are the main features of these tennis shoes:
- The forefoot wrap by Prince is there as usual
- The shock eraser cushioning is going to change your life.
- A pair which is very comfortable and stable for plantar fasciitis
- The maximum traction and grip with the 1000PRC rubber sole
Prince Men’s T22 Mid Tennis Shoes Review:
If you have been facing problems as a tennis player, these Prince Men’s T22 Mid Tennis Shoes are going to solve a lot of them. One of the previous models from this series did not have a good design, however, the manufacturer good care of that by producing these shoes which are meant for stability, durability, and the extra-lateral support which the tennis players go for. There are some width issues and thus they might not so well for everyone.
There has been a major improvement in the design which is now comfortable and lighter. Also, their design is suitable for tennis, volleyball, and basketball players regardless of the court type they are playing in. These have been selling so well that they ran out of stock so before they go once again, make sure that you buy them right now by clicking the link here.
Prince Men's T22
- These are amazing mid-height tennis shoes
- The stability and support are so well
- A major improvement in the design
- These are designed for durability and support
- The price is quite expensive
- No other cons we know of
4.New Balance Men’s 1296v2 Stability Tennis Shoes:
Most of the shoes designed especially to take care of the plantar fasciitis problem are going to be expensive including these New Balance Men’s 1296v2 Stability Tennis Shoes which is our 4th pick for the list. These shoes made of synthetic and mesh with rubber sole have the following features:
- Their midsole is cushioned properly for maximum comfort and support
- The traction and grip are both quite great due to the rubber sole
- The shoes which are made from the best combo of synthetic and mesh
- These are breathable and lightweight shoes to last longer in the court.
New Balance Men’s 1296v2 Stability Tennis Shoes Review:
The outsole is wrapped well and thus you will be provided with even better traction. The endurance of the outsole is enhanced and since these have REV lite midsole which means properly cushioned so you will be getting all the required support for your plantar fasciitis problem. We don’t like the price range of these shoes which is quite expensive. These are high-tech tennis shoes with latest features such as s-curve outstep support and REV lite cushioned midsole providing the required traction, stability, and durability.
These New Balance Men’s 1296v2 Stability Tennis Shoes are designed so well for the athletes after years of research and development. Most of the sizes of these shoes are going to fit so well and you will be feeling at ease while wearing them. For plantar fasciitis, we should mention once again that these are the most comfortable shoes you can get and we are sure of it.
New Balance Men's 1296v2
- These are comfortable and lightweight shoes
- The durability is also touching the skies
- All sizes are available and fit so well
- These get wider with time for fitting well
- Some sizes are still narrow
- We don’t like the price range.
5.Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoe:
When it comes to the tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis, these Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes were meant to be in the discussion. However, we only considered their quality to be well enough for the 5th spot with 100% textile material and rubber sole to provide the lightweight experience with the grip and traction. Here are some of their features:
- These are made of 100% textile material making them lighter
- Their rubber sole ensures that you get the grip and traction
- The inner sole of these shoes can be removed to fit the size
- Only a little variety of color and design available
Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes Review:
We are always honest with our buyers. When it comes to these Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes, we recommend them as an alternative but never the first choice, especially for the plantar fasciitis. As you have seen from the features, they only fulfill the requirements of a specific persona being lightweight and bringing the required grip and traction from their rubber sole. Not a lot of work has been done on their mid or outer sole.
However, the midsole does have the torsion system making sure that you get the required comfort and lightweight experience. Underneath the heel, these shoes have ADIPRENE enabled which is a special Adidas feature to enhance the cushioning of the shoes. If you needed a pair to wear yourself out in the training, this could be your pair to go being a tennis player.
Adidas Men's Barricade Club Tennis Shoes
- Their mid-foot torsion system is great
- This system enhances the support
- You will have a balanced experience
- There is cushioning under the heel for extra comfort
- Good for aggressive tennis players
- Not great overall durability
- The inadequate lacing system
6.Wilson Men’s Rush Pro 2.0 Tennis Shoes:
For 6th pick, we are finally coming with a brand other than Adidas Barricade and it is Wilson. The pick for the list is these Wilson Men’s Rush Pro 2.0 plantar fasciitis Tennis Shoes which are totally made of synthetic material for durability and have a medium width so make sure that you check properly for the sizes. The following are their main features:
- These are durable shoes made of synthetic material
- They come with the latest rush pro 2.0 technology
- The comfort, stability, and support these provide is amazing
- These are designed for an intuitive fit experience
Wilson Men’s Rush Pro 2.0 Tennis Shoes Review:
Wilson Men’s Rush Pro 2.0 Tennis Shoes are purely athletic shoes which are known for being comfortable, stable, and durable. Their latest Rush Pro 2.0 technology allows you to crush your shots in the court with maximum power. The width is medium, however, so you should check for different sizes and then decide which works well for you. The support is great and even if you practice the whole day in these, you wouldn’t feel tired at all.
The price is always one of our main concerns and surprisingly as compared to Adidas and Nike, these Wilson athletic shoes are much more affordable. The length of these shoes is designed in a way that it covers what was lacking in the width and fit comfortably at the end. The unparalleled support and responsive cushioning of these shoes ensure that people with plantar fasciitis experience one of the most comfortable experiences.
Wilson Men's Rush Pro 2.0
- The Rush Pro 2.0 for explosive acceleration
- The support and stability are great
- One of the most durable shoes
- The length is good enough for fitting well
- Only the medium width is available
- Not durable as we had expected
7.Balance Men’s 12962v1 Tennis Shoes:
If you need an alternative for the above New Balance pair, you could use these New Balance Men’s 12962v1 Tennis Shoes which is our 7th pick for the list. Made of manmade and mesh materials, these shoes have plenty of stuff to offer including the following features:
- A durable pair of mesh and manmade with a rubber sole.
- One of the most affordable New Balance shoes you can get.
- The mesh makes them breathable with the synthetic overlays.
- A durable pair of shoes with very responsive cushioning.
New Balance Men’s 12962v1 Tennis Shoes Review:
These New Balance Men’s 12962v1 Tennis Shoes use the PROBANK stabilizing technology for quick and cutting movements in the tennis court. These shoes are everything you forever needed with the maximum outsole durability and traction which its rubber sole and outsole provide. As expected, the lateral support of this pair is out of this world.
Before buying these shoes, the medium size could mean differently for different users so make sure that you go through enough research on this specific factor. The cushioning in these shoes is quite responsive and provides comfort which makes them quite good for plantar fasciitis. With the non-marking outsole, these will endure for longer.
New Balance Men’s 12962v1
- These are really good in hard courts
- Responsive cushioning for a comfortable experience
- A complete solution for pain of plantar fasciitis
- These shoes fit quite well as well
- Some medium sizes run narrow
- Not a lot of colors available
8.K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoes:
You might not be used to these designs but these K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoes are definitely worth. Our 8th pick for the list is made of 100% synthetic with textile collar lining, lace closure, and synthetic upper leather which is both durable and breathable. The following are their main features:
- The synthetic leather upper makes them breathable and durable
- The Hypercourt Express feature is there for comfort and great performance
- The lace closure design is quite impressive which is easy to deal with
- There are a lot of colors available to choose from
K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoes Review:
These K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoes are durable and so great because some special importance was paid to the work on their outsole and the main sole as well. Well, this was done in a way by using the Dragguard and Aosta rubber which are special things to make the outsole durable.
If you are one of those people who hate meddling with the laces all the time, they have got a nice lace closure making them easier to wear and remove. However, the people have complained a lot about the insole that it is not glued and comes off.
K-Swiss Men's Hypercourt Express
- These shoes are quite comfortable
- Besides the comfort, these fit quite well
- Put the custom insole and they fit greatly
- The support of these shoes is great
- Not durable for a long time
- The insole is not glued
9.Nike Women’s Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour:
Nike Women’s Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour repeating themselves on different lists provide proof of their greatness. They have done it again by ranking themselves on the 9th spot. With the dynamic fit system, you won’t be bothered by the fitness issues and the following are their other main features:
- Their TPU foot frame extends from the midfoot to heels to provide stability
- These are shoes where both the sole and overall design are of synthetic
- To get rid of plantar fasciitis, the cushioning is done in the heels
- The durability and traction comes from the herringbone outsole
Nike Women’s Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour Review:
These Nike Women’s Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour Tennis Shoes have really you ever required. Even though they have a higher price demand, they offer everything including the great durability, traction, and the lateral support which you require for different cutting movements in the court.
These shoes introduce the dynamic fit system which stretches and readjusts itself so that it can fit well in the feet of the users. The textile material has also been used in the making to avoid the ventilation impeding which commonly occurs in other synthetic issues.
Nike Women's Zoom Vapor 9.5
- These provide great traction and support
- One of the most durable shoes you can get
- The TPU foot frame provides the stability
- This foot frame runs from heels to midfoot
- The herringbone outsole is present
- Some medium-size issues
- No other cons that we know of
10.NIKE Men’s Flex Experience RN 7 Running Shoes:
In the end, let us bring NIKE Men’s Flex Experience RN 7 Running Shoes which are one of the most affordable best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis. The shaft of these shoes measures at low-top from the arch and some proper cushioning is done at the heels. The main features of the product are:
- A better motion range due to the cushioned and rounded heel
- The outsole has hexagonal grooves for some natural flexibility
- These shoes provide comfort and breathability due to their knitting
- The mesh is designed well on its surface for a perfect fit
NIKE Men’s Flex Experience RN 7 Running Shoes Review:
Not just that the heels of these NIKE Men’s Flex Experience RN 7 Running Shoes are cushioned properly so that you can get rid of all the pain, these are also made rounded so that the tennis players can enjoy a wide range of motions and movements in the court. Also, you are going to enjoy the lightweight and breathable experience with their heathered knit.
The outsole of these Nike shoes is textured which ensures more grip, traction, and stability. While providing all of these features, these are the shoes which are still quite affordable so most professional and casual tennis players can afford them.
NIKE Men's Flex Experience RN 7
- These are lightweight and breathable shoes
- One of the most durable ones for tennis
- These take good care of plantar fasciitis
- The squeaking is too loud
- Not very comfortable as we want
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is a medical condition that unable a person to be active and worsen with time if proper care is not granted. A patient suffering from plantar fasciitis suffers extreme foot pain and foot discomfort and not just that, if not treated correctly then a patient can be confined to bed only.
When a tennis player seems that there is no tennis shoe to treat plantar fasciitis then he/she must go for sneakers that are specifically made to treat plantar fasciitis. This is smart to choose the one while shopping. There are many experts out there that recommend that a tennis player should go for sneakers that have good arch support and cushioning. A good tennis shoe for plantar fasciitis should have shock-absorbing quality in a very active way and should contain a very deep cup to heal the symptoms occurring because of plantar fasciitis, specifically.
How to Choose Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis?
It is smart to choose a heavier shoe than a light one because a light tennis shoe does not provide good support to healing feet. We all know that plantar fasciitis is a very dreadful condition and a person who is suffering from such medical con not even walk. As far as a tennis player is concerned, a tennis player is supposed to run in different lateral directions and he must have safety measures from any kind of instant jerk or injury. A person suffering from this medical condition cannot ignore this pain, no matter how hard he tries.
Tennis shoes that are originally made for tennis players suffering from plantar fasciitis, have some differentiated qualities from other simple and casual shoes and some of them are, such tennis shoes provide prominent support to the heels and forefoot. If we define well then, tennis players suffering from plantar fasciitis specifically needs shoes that aid them in supporting the whole foot that includes cushioning, but as far as the style of tennis shoes are concerned then, tennis player does also want stylish and fashionable shoes.
The medical problems like heel pain and plantar fasciitis really are sensitive and thus you will need to be very careful before choosing the right pair. However, all the reviews are thorough and in detail so make sure that you read for getting the right information. So read these 10 best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis and enjoy a comfortable tennis experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the best shoes for heel pain?
Here are the top picks of the Best shoes for heel pain.
- New Balance Women’s 1080v8
- New Balance Men’s mc806
- Mizuno Women’s Wave Rider 22
- Brooks Women’s Ghost 11
- Nike Men’s Zoom Vapor 9.5
Can you play tennis with plantar fasciitis?
Of course, playing tennis on any court, running and rolling foot for few minutes definitely help you to loosen up plantar fasciitis.
Do New Balance shoes help plantar fasciitis?
New Tennis Shoes are meant to bring the lightweight experience providing some great support to your feet. These are very comfortable at the same time as the rev-lite midsole. New Balance shoes are recommended by the people with plantar fasciitis.
What are the most comfortable shoes for standing all day?
Here are the top picks of the most comfortable shoes for standing all day.