Men have different body structures from women and it plays an important role when buying stuff such as sports gear including shoes and kits. Tennis is a sport where a pair of shoes can be wear by both male and female players if the size fits since there is no special requirement. However, we still found it obligatory to separately cover the best tennis shoes for men.
So in this article, we are counting down our pick for Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Men 2019. As far as the factors which are working behind to rank these shoes are concerned, the major ones are the quality, durability, prices, comfort, and materials used in the making of these shoes. For sure, the top brands like Nike and Adidas have an edge in these rankings.
However, the edge they have is solely because of the quality they bring, especially when they produce sports shoes and other products. In fact, for tennis shoes, what we require is some extra-lateral support from the shoes and any brand which brings the best of that would be automatically be ranked higher.
Having explained that, we shall move on and explain more about the factors which we use for ranking 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Men in 2019.
Best Tennis Shoes for Men in 2019 Comparison Table:
Made of 100% synthetic material, these ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Running Shoes are our first choice for the list. The agility which you require as a tennis player, the grip, and balance come our right at you with the rubber sole incorporated which is made to deliver what is required. The main features of these shoes are:
- Great shoes for running and professional tennis players to play their matches.
- The rubber sole gives the required grip and traction on any surface.
- You will be in for comfort and ease with the rear foot gel cushioning.
- These shoes are good for both wide and flat feet.
ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Running Shoe Review:
Even most of the reviews are positive and in the favor of these ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Running Shoes, a lot of people have complaints about toe coming off after running about 50 miles and so. Well, it is true that on hard surfaces like concrete or roads, these shoes might not deliver the durability as you might want but on other surfaces, they deliver the full value of your money.
These tennis shoes for men have got an elegant and easy to wear design for everyone including people who need them for daily running or others who want to engage in sports like tennis and badminton. What’s amazing is the rear foot gel cushioning delivering maximum traction and comfort for the buyers. If you plan to use them on roads for running, this might not be a good choice for you.
ASICS Men's GEL Venture 5 Running Shoe
- These shoes provide better stability.
- The midsole made of EVA is a lightweight one.
- Get some additional comfort with rear foot gel cushioning.
- These aren’t waterproof shoes.
- Cannot be washed or cleaned easily.
Our 2nd pick for the list is this Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker which made of 100% synthetic and leather materials. These shoes have also got a rubber sole which is more a standard for any tennis or running shoes. However, this sneaker is more durable even though it costs higher and you might want to question your choice. The main features are:
- Besides the long-term performance, these are designed for comfort.
- The comfort is ensured by the padded tongue and collar in the sneaker.
- It has got a lace-up vamp to add the athletic touch which was required.
- The supportive sole unit delivers the required traction.
Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker Review:
In the introduction of this article, we defined the importance of arch support, especially for tennis players. Well, the manufacturers of this Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker have added the arch support and extra lateral support giving us enough reason to rank them this high in the list. The rubber sole of these shoes has been enhanced not only to add to the grip and balance but also to add to the traction level of the shoes. They fit better, are comfortable, and work great on any cement floor.
Skechers Men's Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker
- The semi-rugged design is quite impressive.
- The arch support is even better.
- These shoes are well-made and durable.
- You might find these a little wider than the size.
- The price for bigger sizes is heavy.
To most people, it doesn’t matter how expensive any of the Nike shoes are because a ton of premium features is what they require. This goes the same for professionals and casual users, however, if you are a tennis player, these NIKE Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes which is our 3rd pick is one of our top recommendations. Here are some of its features:
- The combination of textile and synthetic materials to make these durable shoes.
- The midsole incorporated full-length PHYLON to make them lightweight.
- There upgraded upper areas to add to the durability and comfort.
- You will have a breathable experience with the mesh tongue.
NIKE Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes Review:
If you have been looking for the perfect tennis shoes and have got the budget for it, these NIKE Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes is definitely one of our top recommendations. Even when you want to practice longer, they are fine with the breathable mesh which allows proper airflow so you can stay at ease.
Another thing which we like about this premium pair is the GDR outsole which has is an extra feature to add the factor of maximum traction. And, as far as it is concerned, you wouldn’t that get that any better from any other pair.
NIKE Men's Court Lite Tennis Shoes
- These bring maximum comfort and durability.
- The factor of traction is also at its max.
- You will love the stability of these shoes during play.
- These are definitely very costly.
- Not too impressive with the abrasion.
After all the above brands, it was obvious that New Balance must be coming ahead is one of the top ones. So for the 4th pick, we have chosen these New Balance Men’s 896v2 Hard Court Tennis Shoe which is also made of the materials of synthetic and leather and is of imported quality. The following are the detailed features of these shoes:
- The outsole is made of herringbone and is totally premium.
- The sole is made of high-quality rubber for grip and balance.
- The toe is reinforced for durability and comfort.
- It has a C-Cap midsole which is much better than the competitors.
New Balance Men’s 896v2 Hard Court Tennis Shoe Review:
Whether it is the main sole, mid, or the outer sole, New Balance has laid a lot of importance on that thus we have shoes which are the embodiment of pure sole quality. For instance, in the making of the outer sole, they have used herringbone enabling quick pivoting and better lateral motion.
Also, since they come off of many shoes after running on cemented or concrete roads, New Balance Men’s 896v2 Hard Court Tennis Shoe has a reinforced to stop that. The toe box and the side panel also absorb shocks so a player can enjoy more comfort.
New Balance Men’s 896v2
- These have a long tongue with loop lacing.
- The shoe pair is ideal for wide feet.
- The toe is reinforced and thus durable.
- The insole quality isn’t good though.
- The toe box also seems narrow.
Some might people might think that the material combination of leather and synthetic makes shoes quite heavy. So we have Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes for our 5th pick which are made of 100% synthetic and textile materials with rubber sole incorporated.
- The toe is even more durable with P Guard Toe protector feature.
- Also, the high-quality upper fits better and is comfortable.
- The cushioning is done both on the rear and front foot for extra comfort.
- The shaft of the shoes is at low-top from the arch.
Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoe Review:
Every shoe pair has some special features incorporated in its design. As far as these Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes are concerned, they come with Flexion Fit Upper to make sure that the shoes fit perfectly in each of its sizes. Also, the durability of the toe is maximized with the P-Guard Toe Protector feature.
When you come on the ground after jumping, the shoes have to absorb the shock so that you may not feel at discomfort. Well, these have shoes that have maximum shock attenuation and with toe-off phases, the movement is easily allowed in all directions bringing the best experience.
Asics Men's Gel-solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoe
- The sole has been made better and provides more grip.
- These shoes are more durable than prior models.
- Also, they provide better traction on the harder courts.
- There are fitness problems with narrow feet.
- The toe box could be troubling for some people.
A lot of people don’t want to rely on sports shoes solely made of 100% textile. Anyway, we have chosen these Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes as our 6th pick after getting assurance for the durability since these shoes are completely made of the textile material. The main features of the shoes are:
- The insole quality is excellent and it can be removed for replacement.
- Again, the sole is made of rubber ensuring good grip and balance.
- One of the lightest shoes to be bought by Tennis players.
- These are made solely for maximum stability during the play.
Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoe Review:
We have seen a lot of buyers complaining about these Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes. Most of them seem unhappy with the durability of the hard tennis courts and they are right because these shoes do lack the required durability on such surfaces. But, you should keep in mind that this shoe pair is designed for stability.
If you usually don’t play in the hard courts and stability has remained a constant error, only then we recommend that you go for these. Also, this pair is for players who haven’t got a higher budget and need something for practice as an alternative.
Adidas Men's Barricade Club Tennis Shoe
- Lightweight and compact.
- Easy to wear and lace-up.
- Add stability in your game.
- They have an adequate fit.
- Not very durable.
- The poor lacing system.
- Not very comfortable and shock absorbing.
Every shoe pair has its problems and our 7th pick Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainer also does. However, it has also had special features for practicing tennis and other players playing different sports ranging from running to other athletics. Some features of these shoes are discussed ahead:
- These are man and leather made quality shoes with imported quality.
- Both the main and outer sole is made of rubber for the required grip.
- On the upper area, leather perforations are used for proper airflow.
- The air-sole unit also ensures some maximum comfort and support.
Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainer Review:
The general squeaking voice has been the most common complaint about this pair of shoes. Well, most people face it because they somehow and at some point, fail to save their shoes from getting contact with water. On the other hand, these Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainers are an amazing choice due to the durability, comfort, and stability they bring.
The good thing about the sole is that both outer and inner sole is made of rubber. However, rubber has its own issues but it still manages to deliver the required grip and traction for months.
Nike Men's Air Monarch IV Cross Trainer
- These are multi-purpose shoes for different sports.
- You can also wear these casually.
- These are comfortable and are also quite stylish.
- You can get better traction on various surfaces.
- There are some size issues.
- The squeaking has forever been there.
It may seem sometimes that ASICS Tennis Shoes are always the same since the manufacturers use the same combination of materials to make them and the set of features. Though it is true about these ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes as well which is our 8th pick, they provide a better and cheaper alternative to some expensive ones.
- What’s new in these shoes is the Trusstic System Technology.
- This technology reduces the weight of the sole unit making them lighter.
- Though the weight reduces, the integrity of the shoes remains intact.
- It has a great forefoot and rearfoot gel cushioning system.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoe Review:
A lot of shoes reduce the weight of the sole unit so that they can keep the shoes lighter. However, that compromises the integrity and durability of the shoes. On the other hand, these ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes have Trusstic System Technology which reduces the weight of the shoes by reducing durability.
Also, the complete sole including the outer is made of rubber which adds to the grip and traction you will be enjoying with your shoes. The forefoot cushioning increases comfort using a better shock attenuation system.
ASICS Men's Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoe
- The arch support is pretty fine.
- The grip on the gym floor is excellent.
- Good for running, gym workout, and tennis.
- The size fits perfectly for everyone.
- The durability still isn’t impressive.
- Some narrow issues with the medium size.
For the 9th pick on the list, we have chosen these Prince Men’s T22 Tennis Shoes. This is one of the emerging brands and the reviews by the buyers have remained mixed. However, for getting an alternative for practicing or even casual tennis matches, they seem like a nice choice. The various features of these shoes are discussed ahead:
- With the Shock Eraser, this will be absorbing shocks to increase comfort.
- A durable combination of both 100% mesh and synthetic.
- The rubber sole works to provide the balance, movement, and grip.
- These are available in different colors including white, silver, and gray.
Prince Men’s T22 Review:
These Prince Men’s T22 Tennis Shoes do not have a long list of features like others had in these reviews. However, the limited features these pairs have been done properly and get to enjoy the full benefit of it. For instance, the Shock Eraser feature has some great shock attenuation and when coming to the ground after making a jump, you don’t feel that all.
The complete sole of these shoes is made of rubber providing the required grip and traction. However, the outsole isn’t quite impressive and they could have done more to provide some breathability into them.
Prince Men's T22
- Prince Men’s T22 provide some great support.
- The variety of designs and colors is wide.
- These are durable enough for a long time.
- Every feature these have is done properly.
- The sizing has many flaws.
- The price tag is quite expensive.
The shoes on the 10th spot on our list have a design that was done quite well to match the needs of kids playing various sports including tennis and athletics. These shoes are breathable, have a cushioned insole for comfort and ease, and are available in a huge variety of colors since kids are mostly into colors than other people.
- These are perfect to wear for sports and casual use for the kids.
- The lining on the insole is done properly and is properly cushioned.
- One of the most comfortable tennis shoes for kids.
- They have an easy lace-up design making them easier for kids to wear.
Feetmat Kids Sneakers Lace-up Breathable Boys Tennis Shoes Review:
Not a lot of shoes on this list are suitable for kids so we thought for bringing a sole pair for them. For them, we couldn’t find anything better than these Feetmat Kids tennis shoes since these are breathable, comfortable, and also quite durable. They have been designed properly including the ideal lace-up system which makes them easier for kids to wear.
We love the anti-slip design of these shoes since they have rubber sole incorporated providing maximum grip and traction which is all they can. Also, your kids can wear them to school and for sports saving you a handsome amount of money.
Feetmat Kids Sneakers Lace-up
- These have properly meshed for ideal breathability.
- The variety of colors for kids is too wide.
- The outsole is soft and comfortable.
- The availability of sizes is a problem.
So in this list of Best Tennis Shoes for Men, a lot of them are those which you will find suitable for yourself. Make sure that you buy the ones which we have mentioned as ones that fit perfectly, are comfortable, and durable without paying much attention to the price unless it is really a problem for you.
How do we choose the Best Tennis Shoes for Men?
A lot of factors are considered while ranking these products from top to bottom and here are some of the top ones.
Extra Lateral Support:
What differentiates tennis shoes from other sports shoes is the additional lateral support to improve movements and stepping action in the court. While reviewing our product, this is a feature that we consider even above durability and comfort. This is because unless your shoes are providing you enough width for moving properly, they aren’t of much use to us.
Most of the quality shoes from brands like Nike, Adidas, and New Balance are meant to be expensive. In fact, to serve the professionals better, we completely neglect the factor of price most of the time. This is because no matter how expensive these shoes get, they are mostly affordable while bringing the desired quality and comfort which the users would expect.
Tennis is a sport where agility, movement, and speed in the court play the most important part to decide the final results. The better the arch support is, the better will be the agility and speed. Though it also depends on your fitness level, you cannot achieve that unless you have some quality shoes with high arches. So these are the most important factors which we must consider before ranking the best tennis shoes for men. You should now move ahead and read the best tennis shoes for men reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What brand of best tennis shoes are the best?
There are many tennis shoe brands in the market but there is not one favorite brand. The top factors which we consider quality, performance, durability, and price. Some of the best tennis shoes listed below after long research.
- ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5
- NIKE Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes
- New Balance Men’s 896v2
- Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3
- Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoe
What is the most comfortable men’s tennis shoes?
Comfortable is the main factor which we consider while buying tennis shoes. There are many brands available in the market and it’s a challenging task while buying comfortable men’s tennis shoes. Some of the best comfortable tennis shoes are listed below after expert research.
- NIKE Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes
- New Balance Men’s 896v2
- Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3
- Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoe
What are the best shoes to wear if you are on your feet all day?
Standing for hours is almost not good for your body mainly if you are not wearing the right pair of shoes. Choosing the best shoes that suit your personality is easy but choosing to stand all day seems like a tough task. So, the best shoes for standing all day are the ones that keep you comfortable and fit during your daily routine. Some of the best shoes for standing all day is listed below after many hours of research.
- Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainer
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoe
- ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5
What are the best sneakers for support?
Whether you run for practice or play any sport you need a good pair of shoes that take care of your feet and provides better support. You definitely need comfortable supportive shoes. In the List below you will find the best comfortable shoes.
- New Balance Men’s mc806 Tennis Shoe
- adidas Men’s Game court
- Babolat Propulse Blast AC Men’s
- adidas Performance Women’s Barricade Club