If you are somewhat heavier than a usual tennis player, the requirement of shoes is going to change for you. We have noticed that if a person weighs more, the shoes must be designed with better cushioning and shock attenuation obviously due to the effect of the person’s weight and gravity. So for this, we decided to form a separate list covering the best tennis shoes for heavy players.
We all know that when a person increases his body weight, the body requirements and the clothing requirements changes accordingly. For instance, if a person is with lean body mass then he may feel comfortable in any kind of cloth and shoes but when body weight increases, the requirements increase as well, so a person with heavyweight has to research for every clothing or shoe brand to let know about his comfortability and stability.
As far as Tennis profession is concerned, there are somebody requirements that must be fulfilled if you want to be a tennis player and out of all these, the most prominent one is that the body of a tennis player should be healthy and should be of specific weight so that it can refrain from many injuries and instant shocks. The shoes that heavy players need must have more shock-absorbing properties, obviously to be prevented from any kind of shock or gravity resistance.
Tennis is always considered a very demanding and forceful game and for that, your whole body weight relies on your lower leg, so for that, the stability of your lower leg is very much important if you want to be called a successful tennis player. This stability is not concerned with the weight that a tennis player up-holds because whether a person is overweight or trying to lose weight. Tennis itself as a profession is very demanding and considered as a very tough game to be played. To prevent any kind of injury or instant shock, the stability of tennis shoes is very important.
There are many factors that contribute to providing the best tennis shoes for heavy players and these factors are must be present in tennis shoes. The most profound and important factor that should be present in tennis shoes for heavy players is that the weight of the body should be distributed equally to every corner of the feet. There should be stability and improve balance quality in tennis shoes. Without very good support that tennis shoes must provide, heavyweight players can never meet the requirements of the game and could lose the performance gradually.
So in this article, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Heavy Players in 2020 alongside their reviews. Besides the increased shock attenuation and cushioning to bring more comfort, the rest of the features can stay the same. It is better if the designers also increase the extra-lateral support and for that, they will have to do some changes in the design.
Also, if the shoes are designed a little wider to fit the heavy players, it would be better. We will definitely be ranking these products based on the mentioned factors. Also, we will be looking for the factors of performance, quality, and price which is something we do as usual. So we shall now move ahead and do our 10 best tennis shoes for heavy players 2020 reviews.
Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Heavy Players Comparison Table:
1.Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2015 Tennis Shoes:
Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2015 Tennis Shoes are our first pick for the list due to the durable design which fits better and is a perfect combination of the materials like leather and synthetic. Not just durable but it is also quite breathable due to the mesh upper.
- These Adidas Barricade Tennis are made of Leather and Synthetic materials.
- To make them breathable, their upper part is designed of the ballistic mesh.
- The quality full-length ADIPRENE foam is used for cushioning in these.
- The quality outsole makes them quite durable.
Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2015 Tennis Shoes Review:
When users buy these shoes, they always admire the design and how well these shoes fit. However, there have been some complaints about the quality and how the sole starts to crack after some time. In fact, that totally depends on the surface you are using these shoes. Being designed for tennis players, it recommended that you use these Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2015 Tennis Shoes in the tennis court and less on harder surfaces.
These shoes form a great combination of features where the main sole is made of rubber for grip and traction while the outsole adds to the durability of the shoes. Though these shoes are considered to be less durable than their predecessor and we will look into that. The use of leather and synthetic materials make them durable, however, these materials are meant to make heavier products. Though depending on the required criteria, that shouldn’t be an issue.
Adidas Performance Men's Barricade 2015
- A very durable pair of shoes.
- An ideal choice for heavy players.
- The outsole increases durability.
- The upper adds the breathability.
- The design and size fit very well.
- The decreased durability on hard surfaces.
- The higher price demand.
- These shoes weigh quite heavy.
2.Nike Men’s Vapor Court Tennis Shoes:
The shoes made for tennis players with heavy feet shouldn’t necessarily be heavier. Well, this is something which got proved by Nike with their Nike Men’s Vapor Court Tennis Shoes making them our 2nd pick for the list. These are also made from the combination of 100% synthetic and leather and the following are the main features:
- Instead of rubber to make them heavier, their sole is made of synthetic.
- A beautiful combination of leather and synthetic material.
- These shoes fit and feel well with the self-tie closure.
- Also, these are much more affordable than the above pick.
Nike Men’s Vapor Court Tennis Shoes Review:
We felt that there must be a pair of shoe which is for heavy tennis players but should itself be very heavy as other pairs are. In the search for that requirement, we came across these Nike Men’s Vapor Court Tennis Shoes which still might feel heavier to some players but in fact, they provide a major improvement as far as the weight of the shoes is concerned. Also, these have a synthetic sole instead of rubber making them even lighter.
The cushioning system is now incorporated in the sole which provides a much better option of durability and comfort. Also, the synthetic fabric of these shoes would quickly absorb all the moistures and you will be enjoying a breathable experience with these shoes. Not just that these shoes are quite stylish but their design also works to increase the stamina of the players so they can last longer in the court.
Nike Men's Vapor Court Tennis Shoes
- These are quite durable.
- The breathability feature is great as well.
- The sole is comfortable and supports well.
- These feel quite light to wear.
- Some serious issues for wide feet.
- A little painful before the start stretching.
3.New Balance Men’s MC1006v1 Tennis Shoes:
Regardless of the fact that they are expensive, you will see most tennis professional preferring these New Balance Men’s MC1006v1 Tennis Shoes which are our 3rd choice for the list. The reason behind their greatness is the material combination of synthetic and fabric materials which provide durability and stability while being lighter at the same time.
- These are made from the combination of 100% synthetic and fabric.
- Their rubber sole is designed solely for grip and traction.
- The outer sole is quite durable to the non-marking design.
- The synthetic and mesh upper makes them quite breathable.
New Balance Men’s MC1006v1 Tennis Shoes Review:
New Balance Men’s MC1006v1 Tennis Shoes focus more on the midsole because this is the part from where the manufacturers can ensure maximum stability and comfort. Thus, the midsole of these New Balance has been incorporated with maximum cushioning increasing the shock attenuation and thus making them suitable for players with heavy feet. Also, the foam used in the midsole is REV lite lightweight foam which is known for delivering some special benefits.
As far as the rest of the features are concerned, these aren’t quite different from others since they have a rubber sole which provides the required traction and grip. With the non-marking outsole, these are wrapped perfectly and thus they are quite durable. The good thing is that the design of the shoes in all sizes is made to fit perfectly in your feet regardless of the fact that you could have either wider or narrow feet.
New Balance Men's MC1006v1
- These have better outsole durability.
- Lacing them up is easier for athletes.
- Great midsole support for heavy players.
- These still fit well in the wider feet.
- You will love the solid support.
- The higher price range.
- Some fit sizes discontinued.
- Most like basketball shoes than tennis.
4.New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes:
New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes are our 4th choice for the list because they are entirely made of 100% synthetic material. This is a durable tennis shoe option which could serve as a good alternative to the previous New Balance product. The following are some of its main features:
- These shoes are designed to endure for a long time period.
- What makes them durable is the herringbone outsole.
- These shoes have a rubber sole for traction and grip.
- The midsole is cushioned and reinforced for comfort and stability.
New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes Review:
Most of New Balance shoes are produced after a lot of research for the development. This is one of the reasons why the New Balance shoes fit better than any other pair. As far as this pair is concerned, it is obviously a casual product which the standard features of the brand incorporated for playing tennis. They have got a nice lace-up design even though many users have also faced issues at the forefoot.
However, the cons are minor and are only applicable in some sizes. For playing tennis, these have forever been great issues which are pretty effective in any tennis court. In fact, due to their design, they can also be used for playing basketball and volleyball. Just to make sure that these shoes fit perfectly in your feet, you buy half an inch larger than your actual size.
New Balance Men's MC996
- These are durable synthetic shoes.
- The sole of rubber grips well in any court.
- Most of the sizes available and fit well.
- The support is great despite weighing more.
- The plastic shall cause some discomfort.
- Fitness isn’t as great as its predecessor.
5.ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoes:
The Gel-Resolution series by Asics has always impressed more than 80% users who got which were fitting well. These ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoes are from one of the latest models and is the 5th pick for our list of best tennis shoes for heavy players. The following are their main feature:
- These shoes by Asics fit perfectly due to the Flexion Fit Upper.
- This upper is also quite breathable due to the mesh material.
- The outsole quality is great and comes with a 6-month warranty.
- Their low-density midsole makes them quite ideal for women athletes.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoes Review:
One of the special features of these ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoes is that they have designed a midsole taking care of the needs of both male and female athletes. In this midsole, they have done low-density cushioning which compresses better for females as well making it a unisex pair. Also, the combination of textile and synthetic materials used in the making of these shoes ensures a durable and breathable experience.
Also, we really admire the Flexion Upper Fit feature which provides comfort to the athletes since some better form-fitting has been done. The rubber sole of these shoes is a standard one which doesn’t add a lot of weight and provides the required grip and traction. The upper is designed to accommodate different feet sizes ideally while taking care of the support at the same time. Another admirable feature is the outsole which is so durable that you are awarded 6 months of warranty.
- These are lightweight and durable.
- The support is quite good.
- The shaft measure at low-top from the arch.
- These shoes also provide form-fitting comfort.
- Higher prices for higher sizes.
- The narrow design as compared to previous models.
6.ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes:
If you cannot afford the above product, you can get yourself a fine alternative in the form of these ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes being our 6th pick for the list. These are standard Asics tennis shoes which are made from different materials including 100% textile and synthetic. The following are their main features:
- The gel cushioning system in the forefoot for better shock attenuation.
- The TRUSSTIC System Technology reduces the sole weight.
- While doing so, it still keeps the integrity and structure of the shoe.
- The outsole is also made of rubber to increase traction and durability.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes Review:
A lot of manufacturers develop the main sole quite well but they forgot the wrap the outsole and it comes off at times. Well, in these ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes, the manufacturer took care of that and to cover that, they made the outer sole of rubber as well. Instead of making them heavier, this outer sole adds to the traction and grip which this pair was already delivering so well.
Another amazing feature of these shoes by Asics is the TRUSSTIC System technology. This was introduced to reduce the weight of the sole without compromising the integrity of the shoe and it actually worked. As for the rubber outsole, it is quite solid and is wrapped perfectly around the shoes for long-lasting performance. The shaft of these shoes is also at low-top from the arch increasing the support.
ASICS Men's Gel-Dedicate 5
- The upper design is flexible.
- The abrupt movements are pushed aside.
- This delivers a comfortable experience.
- These shoes stay comfortable throughout the match.
- Their toe box is quite wide.
- The overall design is heavy.
- The durability isn’t so great either.
7.Adidas Men’s Gamecourt Tennis Shoes:
One of the reasons why we love these Adidas Men’s Gamecourt Tennis Shoes and have chosen them for the 7th pick is the price which it offers for the premium quality tennis shoes. I would definitely choose these shoes being a player due to their simple and durable design and the following main features:
- These Adidas Men’s Gamecourt Tennis Shoes are made of synthetic and textile.
- Their rubber sole is well-intact to provide required traction and grip.
- One of the simplest but top quality Adidas imported shoes.
- The toe box is generous enough to compensate for different toe sizes.
Adidas Men’s Gamecourt Tennis Shoes Review:
Being a beginner sportsman, you have got to be looking for something of good quality and cheaper. Well, we are finally presenting you these inexpensive Adidas shoes which are quite comfortable when you wear them and are good for playing various sports including tennis, basketball, and volleyball.
Due to their different design, these are good shoes to wear on different court types including the clay terrain. The padding inside the shoes is nice which keeps the users comfortable and also are known for their extra-lateral support. With such great support, you can achieve high stability in the matches.
Adidas Men's Gamecourt
- Some amazing shoes for this price.
- These have good extra-lateral support.
- Stability and adjustment are great.
- These shoes fit quite well.
- The toe box is also quite wide.
- Can’t count on them for a long time.
- The competitiveness is only moderate.
8.Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 Tennis Shoes:
We never expect Adidas to bring a cheaper pair, however, the same is not true for these Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 Tennis Shoes which is our 8th pick for the list. Besides the price, the other features of these shoes are mentioned below:
- We love how well-padded and comfortable these Adidas shoes are.
- One of the most affordable tennis shoes by this brand.
- Their construction is a top-notch one with a great feel for the feet.
- The padding of the tongue and collar makes them even comfortable.
Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 Tennis Shoes Review:
There are meant to be some flaws when an Adidas product is cheaper. Well, this is a general belief which these Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 Tennis Shoes seem to deny since these are quality shoes which are padded for comfort and have also got a lightweight design which will suit you.
In this price, you are hardly going to find a pair better than these which is so comfortable so that you can even wear these casually. Some good synthetic and mesh materials are used in the making which implies that the shoes are going to have great breathability and durability.
Adidas Men's Adizero Ubersonic 2
- You will love how comfortable these shoes are.
- The overall quality is very impressive.
- The traction of hard courts is amazing.
- The tongue and collar are padded.
- The tongue is quite horrifying though.
- Some sizes run quite narrow.
9.Adidas Men’s Approach Tennis Shoes:
We haven’t covered this pair any of our previous lists and we are finally doing that since we quite admire the design of these Adidas Men’s Approach Tennis Shoes. Also, these seem quite durable and the following features provide us some good reasons:
- These are made of 100% mesh making them very breathable shoes.
- On the outer sole, their tri-flex design makes them flexible.
- You will have a comfortable and smoother experience with this pair.
- Their lace-up design with padded tongue and collar makes them lighter.
Adidas Men’s Approach Tennis Shoes Review:
When you land on your heels, these shoes ensure that the landing is smoother and that is only possible with the best possible top-sole construction as these shoes have. Also, we quite like the design is not only attractive but is made for proper airflow so you can wear these shoes for a longer time period.
Also, what you require in the tennis court is flexibility and that is promised by the tri-flex outsole of these running shoes. The rubber sole is going to provide the required traction and grip on any surface and thus you are in for some real treat with these shoes.
Adidas Men's Approach
- The price range of these shoes is affordable.
- These are lightweight shoes which fit perfectly.
- The top-sole construction makes them smoother.
- On landing, the pressure on forefoot is lesser.
- The design is quite narrow though.
- The mesh wears off easily in water.
10.New Balance Men’s 696v3 Hard Court Tennis Shoes:
One of our most reviewed pair is back to the list and for the 10th pick, we had to choose this New Balance Men’s 696v3 Hard Court Tennis Shoe pair since it is quite affordable as compared to many others and an ideal product for people with high and low arches. The main features are:
- These have got a rubber sole to provide grip and traction.
- The overall quality might not be good but synthetic is always durable.
- These are good for outdoor running and tennis with layered mesh.
- The sock liner can be removed for many reasons.
New Balance Men’s 696v3 Hard Court Tennis Shoe Review:
We appreciate that New Balance brings a pair of shoes which is affordable and accommodates most of the medical conditions including medical orthotics and high-arches issue. Never forget the gel cushioning in the shoes by New Balance in which you are always going to feel comfortable and at ease.
The shaft of these New Balance Men’s 696v3 Hard Court Tennis Shoe is at low-top from the arch which is exactly what you require from a particular design. Though there might not be as light as you expect in this budget, you will need to suffice.
New Balance Men's 696v3
- These are quite comfortable and durable.
- The medical orthotics can be accommodated.
- There is some layered mesh to add some breathability.
- They grip better on most surfaces.
- Poor quality for harder surfaces.
- The toe comes off with a couple of months.
If you have good experience of buying different shoes over the year, you will know what suits you right away after reading these 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Heavy Players 2020 reviews. Since we have covered both expensive and inexpensive products so that should be pretty easy for you. So read the reviews right now and choose the best tennis shoes to enjoy yourself while playing tennis.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the best shoes for playing tennis?
Here are the top picks of the Best tennis shoes for playing tennis
- Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade
- Nike Men’s Vapor Court
- New Balance Men’s MC1006v1
- New Balance Men’s MC996
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 7
What is the most comfortable tennis shoe?
Here are the top picks of the most Comfortable Tennis Shoes in 2020
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5
- Adidas Men’s Gamecourt
- Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2
- Adidas Men’s Approach
- New Balance Men’s 696v3
What are the best mens tennis shoes?
Here are the top picks of the Best tennis shoes for men 2020
- NIKE Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes
- Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3
- Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoe
- Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainer
- New Balance Men’s mc806 Tennis Shoe
What are the best tennis shoes for wide feet?
Here are the top picks of the best tennis shoes for those of you with wide feet