If you have developed bunions in your feet that would certainly affect the size of them. It is basically a painful bony bump that might be developed at the big toe joint inside your feet. On our site, you must come looking for the best tennis shoes for bunions. Well, you don’t have to worry about that since we are bringing the best shoes from the top brands in the market after some good time spent on the research.
So in this article, we will be counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Shoes for Bunions 2020. As usual, we will be doing the reviews of the products and rank them based on their brand value, price, quality, performance, and top features as demanded by the buyers. The better the quality of the features a product possesses, the higher it will rank on our list.
We have checked whether the best tennis shoes for bunions have proper cushioning to bring you comfort, size wide enough to fit your feet which has bunions, support for the feet and arches & ankles, and they have the required grip and balance or not. While all of these things will be discussed, let us move on to our 10 best tennis shoes for bunions reviews.
Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Bunions Comparison Table:
1.ASICS Gel Resolution 6 Women’s Tennis Shoes:
Our first pick for the list is ASICS Gel Resolution 6 Women’s Tennis Shoes. Made of synthetic and fabric, these are comfortable shoes that are quite helpful when you have got conditions like bunions and plantar fasciitis. The following are some major features of these shoes:
- This comfortable tennis pair is made of fabric and synthetic materials
- The shaft of these shoe measures at low-top from the arch
- The tongue, collar, and the whole design is padded for comfort
- The front and rearfoot gel cushioning enhances the comfort and support
ASICS Gel Resolution 6 Women’s Tennis Shoes Review: Best Tennis Shoes for Bunions and Plantar Fasciitis.
These shoes have plenty of stuff which is praiseworthy including the combination of materials used in the making and comfort level ensured by the proper cushioning. For instance, the tongue and collar are padded alongside rear and front foot gel cushioning technology which is the specialty of this brand. Not just the comfort which is ensured by this much stuffing but this also allows you to improve the movements while you are playing in the court.
Unlike other tennis shoes by Asics, this pair is much more durable since they have used P-Guard technology. The abrasion resistance gets improved with the help of the AHAR+ non-marking outsole which has been designed beautifully. Also, the gel cushioning technology ensures that the shoes have maximum shock absorption and this will put lesser weight on the bunions which could otherwise get very uncomfortable.
ASICS Gel Resolution 6 Women's Tennis Shoes
- The padding level is premium
- Even tongue and collar are padded
- These are durable and have high abrasion resistance
- Good for both tennis and basketball practice
- The nice flexion fit upper with a lace-up design
- The lateral support isn’t that great
- Some sizes run a bit narrow
2.ASICS Women’s GEL-Solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes:
Whatever features the above product possesses were started way before in some of the earlier models such as these ASICS Women’s GEL-Solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes. This is our 2nd pick for the list and is a pair designed beautifully by using synthetic and textile materials. The following are some of their main features:
- A durable pair made of synthetic and textile with some good traction
- These shoes also have rear and front foot gel cushioning
- The personal heel fit with a collar lining for a personalized fit
- The midsole material is lighter and cushioned well for comfort
ASICS Women’s GEL-Solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes Review: Best Tennis Sneakers for Bunions.
Having a look at the features made us realize that even though this is an older model, the features do not differ a lot. In fact, you will be getting these at a lower cost. As far as the features are concerned, these shoes come with the Flexion Fit Upper which would make your feet fit well and feel comfortable without compromising the support of the pair.
Some of the other top features like P-Guard toe protector, rear and front foot gel cushioning technology, and collar lining are all present to bring the required support, comfort, and durability. Also, the price of these shoes is lower than the previous Asics pair which we have discussed on our list. This could be a great alternative if you would like to get it.
ASICS Women's GEL-Solution Speed 3
- The midsole materials are lighter and solid
- These shoes are very durable and supportive
- These fit well due to the Flexion Fit Upper
- The rubber sole provides the grip and traction
- The ankles get cut a bit
- You need to order a size half bigger
3.Adidas Performance Women’s Barricade Court Tennis Shoes:
For the third pick, we have chosen these Adidas Performance Women’s Barricade Court Tennis Shoes. Well, it seems like Adidas has done something pretty great while bringing an affordable shoe pair which would provide some massive support for your feet, especially when you have bunions or some other condition.
- A combination of mesh and synthetic for durability and breathability
- The mesh perforations in the design will keep your feet cool
- The foam cushioning is ultra-responsive when you need the support
- The shock absorption from knees to joints is massive
Adidas Performance Women’s Barricade Court Tennis Shoes Review: Best Athletic Tennis Shoes for Bunions.
The way these shoes are designed, the athletic output is going to be massive due to the synthetic and mesh combo. The sole of the shoes is made of rubber which is going to provide the required grip and traction you were looking for in the first place. The torsion system has been extended to a great extent and now your movements will be much better and lighter on the ground providing you the required freedom in the court.
What we like about these shoes is the cushioning which is ultra-responsive keeping your feet comfortable even when you have bunions etc. On the other hand, the shock absorption technology of these shoes would ensure that the impact of the shocks is reduced from knees to joints. Even when your weight is increasing day by day, these shoes would reduce the pressure on the bunions solving the problem eventually.
Adidas Performance Women's Barricade
- The cushioning is quite responsive
- The perforations are very breathable
- Their shock absorption is much better
- The traction and grip you required
- These are good on any court
- There are some durability concerns
- No other cons that we know of
4.Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes:
The same Adidas Barricade Club Tennis Shoes are also available for men and we have ranked them as our 4th pick for the list. When we had our first glance at the shoes, the designed has us already impressed. After reviewing them, we found the following top features which will work for the users:
- These have the same shock absorption technology as the model for women
- Instead of synthetic, these are made of 100% textile making them lighter
- The shaft of the shoe measures at low-top from the arch
- The insole of the shoes can be removed with ease when there is the need
Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes Review: Best Men’s Tennis Shoes for Bunions.
Most of the features of these shoes are quite the same. However, we would like to talk about the upper design which is lined with mesh perforations for the proper airflow inside the feet. Thus, your feet will stay cool throughout the time you are playing in them. If you are size fitness issues or feeling a little uncomfortable, the insole of these shoes can be removed which could be a nice hack.
Though the men’s version of these shoes lacks something premium like the Flexion Fit Upper the price they ask for is the same. The shaft of these shoe measures at low-top from the arch and thus the support they provide is quite nice as we wanted it to be. We also don’t like the lacing system of these Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes.
Adidas Men's Barricade Club
- These fit well for more people
- Keep your feet stable in the game
- The ankle support is pretty great
- The insole can be removed
- The inadequate lacing system
- These aren’t quite durable as we expect
5.New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes:
The shoes from New Balance are mostly hard to afford. However, the premium features they bring are definitely worth the prices they ask for. So for the 5th pick, we couldn’t help but bring these New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes. Let us move ahead and discuss some of their top features:
- These are shoes of 100% synthetic with a rubber sole for traction
- The herringbone outsole is meant to provide endurance for lasting longer
- The design is so smooth that your feet will go right in
- The Rev-lite midsole is only making them comfortable and lighter
New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes Review: Best New Balance Shoes for Bunions.
These New Balance shoes sadly have one major issue which has bothered the users for years and that is the size. However, we have recently discovered that the issue can be fixed with ease if you buy 1 size higher than your actual one. This is mainly because of the narrow design but we aren’t sure if this would work for people who have very thin feet so they should buy their actual size.
These New Balance Men’s MC996 Lightweight Tennis Shoes are meant to bring the lightweight experience providing some great support to your feet. These are very comfortable at the same time with the rev-lite midsole, however, the plastic shell shouldn’t have been there since the only discomfort is there because of it. For tennis players, it would be better if they buy the previous version of these.
New Balance Men's MC996
- These shoes are great in any court
- The comfort and support are great
- The midsole makes them lightweight
- It also enhances the traction of the shoes
- The premium herringbone outsole
- There are many size issues
- The previous version was better
6.Nike Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes:
These Nike Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes are our 6th pick for the list and have been a part of many rankings we had previously covered. The attention we pay to these shoes is solely based on the quality and performance they have been bringing, especially for the tennis players.
- This is a nice pair of tennis shoes made of synthetic and textile
- The mesh tongue of these shoes increases the breathability
- The midsole is a full-length one and its weight is lighter
- The outsole of GDR has traction much higher than others
Nike Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes Review: Best Tennis Shoes for Tailor’s Bunion.
While reviewing these shoes, we were quite satisfied since they had pretty much everything we required. A combination of materials such as synthetic and textile is present to make them durable and comfortable at the same time. Also, we were quite impressed by breathability due to the mesh tongue which is otherwise very discomforting for the tennis players. If you have a condition like bunions, the midsole of full-length will get things done for you.
Many Nike shoes have abrasion issues that were solved in this one by adding an extra layer of material around the toe area. This will protect the shoes from abrasion and it wouldn’t be happening anytime soon. We also like the rubber sole of these Nike Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes which has been pretty impressive at providing the required grip and traction in the tennis court.
Nike Men's Court Lite
- These are supportive and durable
- The comfort level is pretty great
- The midsole is lightweight and supportive
- The toe area is wrapped for abrasion resistance
- The price range is pretty affordable
- Some sizes are narrow
- It isn’t durable as claimed
7.ASICS Men’s Gel-Game 6 Tennis Shoes:
Our 7th pick for the list is these ASICS Men’s Gel-Game 6 Tennis Shoes which could prove to a great alternative for the first pick. However, most of the features of the Gel-Game series are quite different from the Gel-resolution series so make sure you learn the differences first.
- The rubber outsole of these shoes provides some enhanced traction and durability
- The TST system of the shoes reduces weight while maintaining the integrity
- This pair has an amazing shock attenuation, especially during the propulsion
- This attenuation comes from the forefoot gel cushioning technology.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Game 6 Tennis Shoes Review:
The pair of these ASICS Men’s Gel-Game 6 Tennis Shoes could get expensive, however, the premium features it has been worth it. Take the example of the solid rubber outsole for instance which has been great at providing the required traction and durability making them a favorite of many users.
Also, the brand maintains its integrity by bringing the forefoot gel cushioning technology but it is not available for the rear foot part. Also, the TRUSSTIC System Technology (TST) maintains the overall integrity of the shoes while reducing the weight of it making them lighter.
ASICS Men's Gel-Game 6
- An amazing tennis shoe pair which is very durable
- You’ll be amazed by the traction
- This traction comes from the rubber outsole
- The shock attenuation is simply impressive
- The 100% synthetic makes them durable
- These aren’t wide enough for bunions
- The overall quality in the court isn’t great
8.K-SWISS Men’s Bigshot Light Tennis Shoes:
Any tennis shoe pair on our lists is a big score because these products have always been durable. For the 8th pick, we are bringing these K-SWISS Men’s Bigshot Light Tennis Shoes which are made of 100% leather for durability. The top features of the product are mentioned below:
- These shoes have got a removable insole which is very good for tennis players
- The rubber sole of these shoes is well-made and provides great traction
- The 100% leather design which was meant to be durable
- You will love the stylish design and apparel of these tennis shoes for bunions
K-SWISS Men’s Bigshot Light Tennis Shoes Review:
We would recommend this pair only to the professionals with a higher fitness level. While these shoes are made of 100% leather with a rubber sole for traction and durability, these are quite heavy at the same time and the movements will be quite difficult for the novice players.
The higher asking price can be justified with the quality and design which has forever been stylish in all pairs they have produced. You shouldn’t forget that their removable insole can be of high assistance to the players who usually face fitness issues.
K-SWISS Men's Bigshot Light
- The traction and grip are impressive
- The insole can be removed
- These are quite durable in the court
- The design looks quite attractive
- These fit well for narrow feet
- Not great abrasion resistance
- The durability is not as promised
9.Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 17 Tennis Shoes:
Even though the reviews have mostly been mixed, we feel quite good about our 9th pick which is Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 17 Tennis Shoe. Not just for its design but the energy routine of these shoes has been pretty high. The following are some of the major features of these shoes:
- The shock absorption and overall support is pretty impressive
- The lace-up closure design of these shoes fits well
- The rubber outsole makes them quite durable and flexible
- The cushioned footbed ensures high endurance and traction
Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 17 Tennis Shoes Reviews:
The pair might seem expensive, however, the traction and endurance of these shoes with a cushioned footbed will change your opinion about them. Also, you will not believe how good the rubber outsole of these shoes is an ultimate solution to get the required durability and traction fulfilling the major demands of the users.
What’s exclusive are the midsole features that contain polyurethane foam and are wrapped in the TPU skin bringing the enhanced performance. Never forget about its quality footbed which is cushioned enough to absorb the impact of shocks bringing a painless experience even when you have got a condition like bunions.
K-SWISS Men's Bigshot Light Brooks Women's GTS 17
- The midsole strength and cushioning is amazing
- Even the outsole has been wrapped well
- The traction, stability, and durability are overwhelming
- These feel great due to the smooth fabric lining
- The abrasion resistance is poor
- Some design might hurt at ankles
10.RYKA Women’s Dash 2 Walking Shoes:
RYKA Women’s Dash 2 Walking Shoe is our final pick for the list and is a rather cheaper product to end with. However, the quality which these shoes possess is still pretty impressive, especially the design which is made of 100% leather and fabric materials. The following features are the major ones:
- Their synthetic sole and leather design seems pretty authentic
- The removable insole can be of high assistance to people with wide feet
- These are imported shoes with a synthetic sole for a higher traction
- The rubber outsole enhance the traction and durability of the shoes
RYKA Women’s Dash 2 Walking Shoes Review:
Whether you buy them for walking or playing sports, we assure you of one of the best experiences. This is mainly due to the well-cushioned and meshes fabric design making the shoes comfortable and breathable at the same time. We definitely like the synthetic overlays which contribute to the durability of the design.
The footbed of these RYKA Women’s Dash 2 Walking Shoes has been well-cushioned and thus you will be well at ease while walking in this pair. The insole is also cushioned for comfort and the nice collar lining increases the strength. Never forget the mesh upper with the right airflow for making them breathable.
RYKA Women's Dash 2
- The lace-up closure design fits well
- The leather and synthetic overlays are impressive
- These features make them durable and supportive
- The insole can be removed depending on your needs
- These aren’t quite stylish
- Less durable for tennis than walking
So this was our list of 10 best tennis shoes for bunions in 2020. We hope that you have read the reviews in detail and are pretty sure about what you are going to buy. After reading the reviews, make sure that you click at the link given at the end of each product for buying it. Keep visiting our website for more interesting content.
Causes of Bunion:
How to Get Rid of Bunions:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can a shoe correct a bunion?
If you diagnose the bunions in your feet early and it doesn’t hurt you all the time then you definitely need support with the wide-toebox shoes for it that fits you well. You can use a moleskin or gel-filled pad with shoes for early relief. The doctor also recommends using splint at night to hold the toe straight and ease discomfort.
Are Birkenstocks bad for bunions?
Bunions are common foot ailments associated with improperly fitted wear. Birkenstocks are one of the best options for bunions because they are made of natural foot shape. Asics Gel resolution 6, Brooks Adrenaline is best for people with bunions.
What shoes have the widest toe box?
Orthofeet Springfield is the widest natural toe box shoe in the market.
What will a podiatrist do for bunions?
The podiatrist may recommend removing bony enlargement and restoring the normal alignment for the toe joint with surgery and relieve the pain.