The key behind a successful pair of tennis shoes is that it provides the required ankle support. This enables players to gain the required extra-lateral movements and balance while playing matches and get good results in the end. To serve them that, we did some research for the best tennis shoes for ankle support and formulated a list alongside their reviews so that you people can get the required information about the best tennis.
As far as tennis as a sport is concerned, this sport is popular for the fact that tennis sport is all about, how a tennis player controls his performance while sticking on the tennis court. For a tennis player, a correct sort of foot fear is very important to up-hold because not performing well is all dependent on how correct tennis shoes a player is wearing. When we talk out the importance of good tennis shoes we must know that a good tennis shoe supports you in the best possible form while protecting you with many injuries and sprints while giving you maximum performance. A sole of tennis shoes should be of many qualities and the most profound quality that the sole of tennis shoes must up-hold is the amount of good traction that it can give to tennis players with the best cushioning to the midsole and forefoot.
While performing best and while giving the best performances, there is already a good amount of pressure that tennis players are up-hold because they represent their country or nation. While coping up with such pressure if there is danger of twisting an ankle, how would a tennis player perform well? The twisting ankle is a very painful condition especially in winters. It can not only abandon performance but can also grant bed rest for months which is obviously not good for tennis as a profession. To avoid such injury, tennis shoes must provide stability and good traction to good with all other features. These two features are considered as a must. To avoid the damage, tennis shoes must provide the best cushioning, traction, support and stability to tennis players.
There are some considerations that one should keep in mind while buying tennis shoes.
This is a very important feature that a tennis shoe for ankle support must-have. There should be padding around the shoe collar and supportive shank to midfoot.
The cushioning feature of tennis shoes is very important. There should be good enough and proper cushioning from EVA foam to midsoles. Some tennis shoes do also include air gel for cushioning.
Arch support to midfoot is necessary to refrain ankle twisting.
While playing if your foot experiences sweat or suffocation then it can discontinue performance. So a mesh upper is important for good breathability that should be a necessary element for tennis shoe consideration.
So in this article, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Ankle Support 2020 and doing their reviews containing the important information about the features, performance, and quality of the products. Not only we chose the top ten products on our list based on their features and quality but also experimented with different buyers to check for the ankle support.
For this list, we are bringing a list which is a blend of some of the top-quality brands, expensive, and economical shoes. This allows tennis players with different budgets to afford shoes that they desire or afford. Being all of that already said, you should now move ahead to read our 10 best tennis shoes for ankle support reviews.
Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Ankle Support 2020 Comparison Table:
1.ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe Review:
The female tennis players can get themselves enough ankle support with this pair of ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe which is our first pick for the list. What makes them unique is the Impact Guidance System which runs from heel to the toe in order to increase the natural gait of the foot. Also, the midsole of the shoe is cushioned with bounce-back ability.
The cushioning and bounce back properties of these ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoes also enhance the overall durability of the product. With the mesh Fluid Fit Upper, your feet are going to enjoy the proper airflow. The sole is made of rubber and brings the required grip and traction.
- The new Impact Guidance System with cushioning and bounce back abilities.
- The shaft of the shoes is at low-top from the arch for great ankle support.
- Also, the IGS system improves the natural gait of the foot.
- The upper is made of mesh for breathability and fits perfectly as desired.
ASICS Womens Gel-Kayano 24
- These shoes are very comfortable.
- Most of the sizes fit perfectly.
- The pair is an ideal for plantar fasciitis.
- Very comfortable at the ankles.
- Some sizes might be too narrow.
- The toe durability isn’t impressive.
2.Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Basketball Shoes Review:
Basketball is one of the games where players cannot perform well unless they feel comfortable in their shoes. That is why we explored that category and found these Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Basketball Shoes which are great at supporting your ankles for comfort so you can perform well in the basketball and tennis courts.
Also, with the mesh design of these Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Basketball Shoes, you are going to enjoy some massive breathability. The air will be flowing in and out to keep your feet cool. Unlike other shoes, these have a sole made of suede material and it might not be traditional but definitely works.
- These Under Armous shoes are imported with a great color variety.
- The sole is made of suede to be light and gripping at the same time.
- You would love when these shoes would fit so well.
- One of the most solid designs for basketball and tennis shoes.
Under Armour Men's Curry 3
- The ankle support is impressive.
- These would fit ideally in your size.
- Really good shoes for tennis and basketball matches.
- The design looks kind of goofy.
- Might not be very comfortable around the heel.
3.ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Running Shoe Review:
Most of the tennis shoes we have got on our list are made for multitasking and for the 3rd pick, we have got these ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Running Shoes which are good for running, playing tennis, and basketball. These are 100% synthetic shoes and thus you can expect them to be a little heavier but these will also be durable.
With the mesh and multi-stretch upper, these shoes are going to fit ideally in your feet while ensuring the proper airflow which is required. Also, to fit your heels ideally and to make you feel at ease, these have got a nice heel clutching system.
- As always, the famous rear and front foot gel cushioning by Asics is present.
- The shock attenuation of these shoes is impressive with a great toe impact.
- The irritation and friction are reduced by the seamless construction.
- It has a fluid ride system for cushioning and bounce back abilities.
ASICS Men's Gel Nimbus 18
- A comfortable pair with gel cushioning
- These have bounce back properties
- The upper fits ideally with fluid fit
- Lesser fiction with its seamless construction
- Not all sizes fit as expected.
- Not quite durable either.
4.New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v7 Running Shoe Review:
When it comes to the requirements of the professional, especially when you require more ankle and extra-lateral support, these New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v7 Running Shoes are going to be another product. This is our fourth pick for the list and is shoes made of 100% synthetic and mesh materials delivering the required durability and breathability.
The good thing about this pair is that if you don’t like the insole, you can remove the built-in one and put another of your likeness. So a custom-made insole can be used to make them wide. Also, if you are in for style, these are definitely very stylish according to your requirements.
- The natural gait of these shoes is great and thus recommended by physiologists.
- Also, if you have arthritis, these are going to make you feel at ease.
- All of its designs are quite stylish and wide to fit easily.
- These are good for wearing casually and sports.
New Balance Men's Fresh Foam 1080v7
- A very wide pair for wide feet.
- Their ankle support is quite impressive.
- These are stylish and fit ideally.
- Some users have reported a little discomfort.
- The price might be an issue for you.
5.Brooks Women’s Addiction 13 Tennis Shoes Review:
Our 5th choice for the list are these Brooks Women’s Addiction 13 Tennis Shoes which have an interesting blend incorporated. For instance, their overall design is made of the mesh but the sole is made of synthetic materials which are mostly another way round in other shoes. Also, these are designed to ensure maximum comfort and ankle with the plush cushioning.
Also, these Brooks Women’s Addiction 13 Tennis Shoes have got a breathable mesh upper so your feet will stay cool while wearing these. If you often experience knee pain with usual tennis shoes, these are going to help you in getting rid of all the discomfort in knees.
- The tongue and collar are padded to make you feel comfortable.
- The midsole of these shoes has DNA cushioning for more support.
- You will have a great feel due to the inner fabric lining.
- These will provide much more stability than most shoes on the list.
Brooks Women's Addiction 13
- The great lace-up design.
- Designed for maximum support in all areas.
- The cushioning which lasts for longer.
- The soft fabric lining in the inner area.
- A very high asking price.
- Don’t use them for work.
- Poor foam design around the ankle.
6.ASICS Men’s GT-2000 4 Running Shoe Review:
Our 6th choice for the list is these ASICS Men’s GT-2000 4 Running Shoes which are more like any traditional Asics design. For instance, they are made of 100% synthetic making them durable but also heavier. Also, the rubber sole of the shoes gives you grip and still, there are concerns about the durability of the toes.
These ASICS Men’s GT-2000 4 Running Shoes are going to provide you a good and economical option so you can buy them for playing sports, working, or for casual wear. Never forget that these have an upgraded rearfoot gel cushioning system with heel clutching system incorporated.
- The upper fits well and is breathable due to mesh and synthetic combo.
- Again, the traditional rear and front foot gel cushioning by Asics.
- Also, these shoes are pretty economical giving you a good reason for buying.
- The dry and comfortable sock liner will help you feel at ease.
ASICS Men's GT-2000 4
- The rubber sole grip well.
- These also have good traction.
- The design also looks quite elegant.
- These might run narrow in some sizes.
- The toe durability is again doubtful.
7.New Balance Women’s WX608v4 Comfort Pack Training Shoe Review:
Whether you need to train or play professional tennis matches, another great option would be these New Balance Women’s WX608v4 Comfort Pack Training Shoes which is our 7th pick for the list. These have got an IMEVA midsole which means the collar is padded and have good foam density for better shock attenuation. The rubber sole will bring the required grip and traction so you will be good with that as well.
- The foam density is high for extra comfort and cushioning.
- The shaft measures at low-top from the arch-supporting it well.
- Also, these are made of 100% leather so the durability is ensured.
- The heel is quite high providing enough support to the ankles.
New Balance Women's WX608v4
- These fit ideally in big feet.
- The comfort which you required.
- The leather makes them durable.
- A little heavy to be wearing at work.
8.Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vapor X Tennis Shoes:
We should warn you that these Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vapor X Tennis Shoes are going to be expensive, especially in the adult sizes. However, there are many reasons why this pair makes to the 8th spot on our list. The first and major reason is their design which allows you to achieve maximum agility and balance. Also, with the speed you are going to get, you will be stoppable in the court.
- These Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vapor X Tennis Shoes are made of synthetic.
- Their rubber sole allows maximum grip and traction.
- Their design allows you to achieve great speed and agility.
- A lot of color variety is available for these Nike Tennis Shoes.
Nike Men's Air Zoom Vapor X
- These have full lace-up adjustability.
- The tongue and collar are padded.
- The stability is maximum.
- Also, the maximum lateral support.
- The price gives you nightmares.
- A little bit narrow.
9.PENGCHENG Men Women Air Cushion Running Shoes Review:
When you hit the practice arena or the gym, you want to feel lighter and at ease, so you can feel motivated for hours to practice longer. Well, that feeling can be achieved with these PENGCHENG Men Women Air Cushion Running Shoes which are lighter, breathable, and also quite stylish. Some of their main features are listed below:
- With the special cushioning, these are comfortable and shock absorbing.
- You will love the soft and flexible design of these tennis shoes.
- These are great for running, gym workout, and tennis.
- The durable non-slip outsole is going to provide the required support.
PENGCHENG Men Women Air Cushion
- The perfect shoes for multitasking.
- The design is elegant and durable.
- The price is great.
- These are soft and flexible.
- The upper is breathable with mesh fabric.
- Not a product for years.
- Only suited for women.
10.Prince Women’s T22 Tennis Shoe Review:
We have covered the unisex model of Prince T22 Tennis shoes, however, for this list and the final pick, we are especially bringing this Prince Women’s T22 Tennis Shoe. Though these seem like just another shoes which are made of 100% synthetic and mesh, their design and the PRC 1000 work on the outer sole differentiates them. The price of this pair is the same as the unisex model.
- In the midsole, the wishbone shank is used to increase stability.
- These have got a rubber sole which delivers the required grip and stability.
- With the PRC 1000 outsole, you will be enjoying some immense durability.
- About 81% of all sizes fit perfectly and most of the reviews are positive.
Prince Women's T22
- The PRC 1000 durable outsole
- A design solely suitable for ladies
- Great midsole construction for stability.
- Price still high as the unisex model.
- Some ankle support problems though.
This list of 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Ankle Support in 2020 brings plenty of options in which at least 50% products will be suitable for you. However, make sure that you choose to depend on your budget and performance requirement. So go ahead and read the reviews to choose the pair of right tennis shoes for you.
Best Tennis Shoe for Ankle Support Infographic Details:
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the best shoes for ankle support?
Our Top Picks For Best Tennis Shoes for Ankle Support are listed below:
- ASICS Womens Gel-Kayano 24
- ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18
- New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v7
- Brooks Women’s Addiction 13
- ASICS Men’s GT-2000 4
What tennis shoes have the best support?
There are many shoes in the market but the best one is those deliver the best support. Our top picks for the best support are:
- New Balance Women’s WX608v4
- Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vapor X
- PENGCHENG Men Women Air
- Prince Women’s T22
- ASICS Womens Gel-Kayano 24
Can I wear shoes with an ankle brace?
Yes, an ankle brace provides support and you should always wear a shoe with your ankle brace because it is unproductive without the ankle brace. Ankle pain is the most common pain and many people around the world are suffering from it.
Do I wear ankle brace over or under sock?
It is best to wear ankle brace under your sock and never wear ankle brace over the wound. Wearing brace under the sock provides you the best support and stability for your ankle this is because your ankle relies on small micromotions to improve its strength over time.