The type of tennis shoes a player wants to get really depends on the court type he is going to play on. The hard courts are one of tennis play areas where you need to buy shoes that have more shock absorption and even better cushioning for the support of the feet. For that, we had to go through many of the best hardcourt tennis shoes and form a collection for you.
A hard court tennis shoe is usually designed and confined to hard games like tennis plays which own various types of hard plays and these plays own very instant injuries and lateral movements. When we talk about tennis shoes they must have some very typical and specific qualities including jerk resistant and shock absorbent, not just that these shoes must refrain any kind of slipping and should provide enough comfortability and reliability to the human body especially human feet.
Regardless of what occupation you belong to, you can easily be a victim of heel pain without any doubt because of the fact that your whole body weight relies on one’s heel. A human foot owns whole body weight and lack of care and protection can lead to very serious health conditions. A hard court tennis shoe must have the following properties
- A hard court tennis shoe must provide additional strength and energy to the outsole.
- It should provide great durability against any sort of court surface
- A best court tennis shoe must provide very good midsole cushioning to prevent from harder impacts of many hard courts
- Hardcourt tennis shoes must have extra reinforcement and a sense of breathability.
As far as our website is linked, we are very concerned about our customers that they should shop for products which would provide them a sense of satisfaction while purchasing. We have checked out various sites regarding best tennis hardcourt shoes and came to know that they have explained different prices but they have not enlisted the proper categories of best hard court tennis shoes with features. We have researched for several days just to let our customers know that which pair of shoe would suit them.
So in this article, we are going to countdown our list of Top 10 Best Hard Court Tennis Shoes 2020 alongside their reviews to help the buyers. Just so you know, we always rank our products based on brand value, performance, quality, and price. The materials which are used in the making of a certain pair are always in discussion since they do determine the overall quality.
The other things we look for in a pair of tennis shoes include the grip, the sole, quality, and the weight of the shoes. The durability and comfort are always two of our major considerations and unless a pair has these qualities, we wouldn’t consider it all. Having said that, we shall move on with our 10 best hard court tennis shoes 2020 reviews.
A hard court tennis shoe demands:
- A very tough outsole
- Extra cushioning and bounce back property
- A very tough upper that would not tear easily
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Top 10 Best Hard Court Tennis Shoes 2020 Comparison Table:
ASICS Men's Gel-Venture 5-M
NIKE Men's Court Lite Athletic Shoes
New Balance Men's 786 V2 Hard Court Tennis Shoes
ASICS Men's Gel-Solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes
adidas Performance Men's Barricade Club Tennis Shoes
Nike Men's Air Monarch IV Cross Trainers
ASICS Men's Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes
Prince Men's T22 Tennis Shoes
Skechers Men's Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneakers
Nike Men's Tennis Shoes
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1.ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Running Shoes:
ASICS Men’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoes are our first pick for the list. They have earned this spot in many of our previous lists as well. They are not perfect as many others but for certain reasons, we do find them as one of the best shoes ever. Those reasons are explained below:
- These shoes are made of 100% synthetic material and have a rubber sole.
- The midsole is cushioned greatly for shock absorption and comfort.
- The rear and front put gel cushioning have been incorporated in these.
- The mesh upper makes them breathable and ready for running and tennis.
ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Running Shoes Review:
The toe box of these ASICS Men’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoes was not done well and when you look at all the reviews, this is the only thing people seem to complain about. Due to the poor toe box, some people don’t get a lot of space in there and the toe might wear off in a few months. On the other hand, its benefits are enormous such as the gel cushioning which brings an amazing shock absorbing and comfortable experience.
If you need your shoes to be fulfilling the requirement of medical orthotics, you can remove the sock liner whenever it is required. Never forget that the amazing experience you are going to have because of the rear foot gel cushioning. Also, it has its own rubber sole which is going to provide you the required grip and traction on any tennis court. There are many sizes available for teenagers and adults with a variety of colors as well.
ASICS Men's GEL Venture 5
- The cushioning system is premium
- These are definitely comfortable
- They are ready runners with a mesh upper
- The sock liner is removable
- Not very durable
- The toe comes on hard surfaces
2.NIKE Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes:
Nike is one of the brands which people can trust with their eyes closed. Thus, it is quite easy for such a brand to hit the top ranks and for this list, we have chosen these NIKE Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes. These shoes have also been a part of our lists before and here are some of their main features:
- These are made from the material combo of textile and synthetic.
- The most comfortable and lightweight tennis shoes you can get
- The traction of these shoes comes from the GDR outsole
- It has a full-length midsole cushioned for comfort and ease
NIKE Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes Review:
The NIKE Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes are expensive for sure but when you at different areas of this pair including the outer and midsole, you find each of these areas paying full worth of the money they are charging you. When you look at the outsole, you see it incorporated with GDR material adding the traction which is usually only depending on the rubber sole. Also, the mesh tongue of these shoes is going to bring some proper airflow and breathability.
Unlike the previous product which has serious problems around the toe area, this one is covered with an extra layer to increase the abrasion resistance around these parts. Also, the midsole of these Nike tennis shoes has lightweight cushioning makes them comfortable without increasing the size even a little bit. Thus, these shoes ensure the required durability and comfort while owning a beautiful design.
NIKE Men's Court Lite
- These are comfortable and lightweight
- This pair is definitely durable
- The grip and traction is out of this world
- Designed for balance and stability
- The toe box is narrow
- Overall fitness issues in many sizes
- The price is high
3.New Balance Men’s 786v2 Cushioning Tennis Shoes:
Some people give themselves after leather shoes and if you are looking for the durability of 100% leather while playing in the court, you might want to get these New Balance Men’s 786v2 Cushioning Tennis Shoes. This is our 3rd pick for the list and here are some of their top features:
- Endurance and durability are their main aspects as you expected
- Only 100% of leather is used in the making of the entire design
- The sole is made of rubber for traction and grip as required
- Their c-cap midsole brings a lot of comforts and shock absorption
New Balance Men’s 786v2 Cushioning Tennis Shoes Review:
While researching these products, you are going to find tons of reviews about these shoes being narrow and not fitting in many sizes. On the other hand, you will find other reviews praising the durability, balance, and stability which can be achieved with these. The solution for the narrow size could be achieved by buying a pair slightly bigger than your original size but many of your perfectionists might not be doing that.
When you wear these New Balance Men’s 786v2 Cushioning Tennis Shoes, you are going to find yourself more balanced and stable while playing in the court. They have a pretty good feel overall which seems much better than other New Balance shoes of the same series. The overall quality of the shoes might not be that great but for hard court tennis, these are definitely going to make you comfortable for a long period of time.
New Balance Men's 786v2
- The design is excellent
- The leather makes them durable
- These have an absorb heel
- They have also a c-cap midsole
- They feel quite comfortable
- Always narrow in the original size
- The price demand is higher
4.Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes:
One of the most usual material combinations by Asics is of textile and synthetic. Due to this combination, our 4th pick for the list Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes are known for being durable and lightweight and a rubber sole for an amazing grip and traction. The following are their main features:
- Both front and rearfoot gel cushioning system are present
- These will allow multiple movements and shock attenuation
- The rubber sole these have provides the required grip and traction
- Unlike other Asics shoes, their toe is durable due to the P-Guard protection
Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes Review:
The previous Asics shoes we have covered in many of our lists had this serious issue of their toes coming off. Finally, the problem has been rectified when they produced these Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes. What they did is to enable the gel cushioning in both the front and rear foot which increased the shock attenuation allowing the shoes to absorb even harder shocks. In the hard court, this feature also allows the player to gain more movements.
The toe problem has been rectified by introducing the P-Guard Toe Protector which genuinely increased the durability of Asics shoes which was definitely a huge concern in the past. Also, they have introduced the Flexion Fit Upper which expands enough so you can fit your feet perfectly inside the shoes. Your speed in the court is definitely going to be improved with this pair and we definitely recommend them.
Asics Men's Gel-solution Speed 3
- Even better than many Nike shoes
- The enhanced durability
- The shock attenuation is great
- The toes are more durable now
- These are great for all tennis courts
- The expected higher price demand
- Not great ankle support
5.Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes:
When it comes to the tennis shoes for hard court, these Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes were meant to be in the discussion. However, we only considered their quality to be well enough for the 5th spot with 100% textile material and rubber sole to provide the lightweight experience with the grip and traction. Here are some of their features:
- These are made of 100% textile material making them lighter
- Their rubber sole ensures that you get the grip and traction
- The inner sole of these shoes can be removed to fit the size
- Only a little variety of color and design available
Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes Review:
We are always honest with our buyers. When it comes to these Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes, we recommend them as an alternative but never the first choice, especially for the hard court tennis. As you have seen from the features, they only fulfill the requirements of a specific persona being lightweight and bringing the required grip and traction from their rubber sole. Not a lot of work has been done on their mid or outer sole.
However, the midsole does have the torsion system making sure that you get the required comfort and lightweight experience. Underneath the heel, these shoes have ADIPRENE enabled which is a special Adidas feature to enhance the cushioning of the shoes. If you needed a pair to wear yourself out in the training, this could be your pair to go being a tennis player.
Adidas Men's Barricade Club
- Their mid-foot torsion system is great
- This system enhances the support
- You will have a balanced experience
- There is cushioning under the heel for extra comfort
- Good for aggressive tennis players
- Not great overall durability
- The inadequate lacing system
6.Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainers:
Being a Nike fan, we must bring you more alternatives and when it comes to that, nothing would suffice better than these Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainers. This is another great combination of leather and synthetic making them durable even though these won’t be as light as you would expect. The following are some of their features:
- The main and outer sole is of rubber for maximum traction and support
- You will love the air-sole unit for support and maximum comfort
- The leather is used on the upper for breathability with its perforations
- There are hardly any fitness issues we have detected so far
Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainers Review:
These Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainers can be used anywhere including the hard court tennis, gym, volleyball games, and running. It is because of the design and structure which supports sportsmen from different sports. The combination of synthetic and leather ensure the durability first and then the leather forms perforations for the proper airflow and breathability so that your feet wouldn’t get too hot or tired.
Not just the main sole but the outer sole is made of rubber. This doesn’t make them very light but ensures that you get maximum traction, grip, and support from these trainers. The air-sole unit of these shoes is quite impressive providing the required cushioning for support and comfort which you always expect from your tennis shoes. Also, the traction and grip these shoes provide seem true for most surfaces you will be playing on.
Nike Men's Air Monarch IV
- These shoes are great for fitness training
- They are also good for sports
- A very durable and supportive pair
- You will find yourself enjoying maximum comfort
- This is quite an expensive pair
- Not as lightweight as you might want
7.ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes:
For the 7th pick, we had to bring these ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes because they cover some of the flaws in the previous Asics shoes on the list. Again, these are made of textile and synthetic materials with the following main features:
- The ultimate durability and traction from their rubber outsole
- The shaft of these tennis shoe measures at low-top from the arch
- The shock attenuation has been enhanced with the forefoot gel cushioning
- The sole maintains its integrity while being lightweight at the same time.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes Review:
ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes might have their own new issues but certainly seems to solve the ones with the previous products from these brands. For instance, it doesn’t matter how good the Asics shoes get, their toe box had always been narrower which is finally fixed in this pair and your toes shall finally be free in there.
Also, these ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes fit quite well, however, many users have complained about the overall quality which is again quite poor. Though it also depends on how much care you do for these shoes but we definitely sure that these will be good enough for hard court tennis as you actually require.
ASICS Men's Gel-Dedicate 5
- The toe box is wide
- These fit quite well
- These are definitely lightweight
- These grip well and have good traction
- The durability isn’t impressive
- The medium size is narrow
8.Prince Men’s T22 Tennis Shoes:
These Prince Men’s T22 Tennis Shoes have been one of our favorites for years. Well, we have chosen this for the 8th pick and while you might ask why after seeing the expensive price of this pair, the following are their main features which could satisfy you:
- The rubber sole is of high-quality for maximum grip and traction
- Made from the breathable combination of mesh and synthetic
- The synthetic ensures the durability with some great airflow in and out
- The Shock Eraser feature wouldn’t pressurize your heels or ankles
Prince Men’s T22 Tennis Shoes Review:
There are many reasons why we love these Prince Men’s T22 Tennis Shoes. The first thing is the breathable design made of mesh and synthetic which ensures some great airflow. Also, this design is well-cushioned so that you can enjoy maximum comfort and support from this pair of shoes. The support also gets increased by its well-cushioned TPU shank.
Another reason why these are so great is that they used the classic support of classic T10 pair which was the first successful pair from this series. The PRC 1000 outsole of these shoes are designed to bring you the required traction and grip on the hardcourt.
Prince Men's T22
- Their breathability and airflow is amazing
- The outsole quality and traction is mesmerizing
- These are shoes which promise the stability you need
- The shock absorption of their Shock Eraser is immense
- Their price might bother many buyers
- The design might not be too attractive
9.Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker:
For tennis and other sports, you could get yourself a really affordable in the form of this Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker which is our 9th pick for the list. These shoes are designed for comfort and support and are available in many sizes and colors.
- The tongue and collar are padded to bring comfort and support
- The support gets enhanced by the enhanced sole unit
- A nice combination of the leather and synthetic materials
- These are designed for extra shock absorption on the hard tennis court
Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker Review:
When you are about to play on a hard tennis court, you will definitely need more cushioning in your shoes to absorb the shocks and keep you free of pain. Well, this is exactly what this sneaker does provide some great shock attenuation, especially in the hard tennis court. The midsole is also cushioned so that you might always stay comfortable.
Some other things which you will like in these are padded heels for maximum comfort, the leather upper which would keep you cool with its proper airflow, and the cushioned midsole which delivers the required traction all along. If you worry too much about the price, you don’t have to anymore.
Skechers Men's Energy Afterburn
- The comfortable collar and tongue
- The sole unit is quite supportive and durable
- Even good to play on cement floors
- The design is quite attractive as well
- Not as comfortable as the design might seem
- There are some size issues
10.Nike Men’s Zoom Cage 3 Tennis Shoes:
We started with some premium and now we would want to end the list in the same way with these Nike Men’s Zoom Cage 3 Tennis Shoes. The Zoom Cage series by Nike might be expensive but it is also something extraordinary which has the following main features:
- The mesh material is going to keep your feet cool and comfortable
- These are many designs and colors available for this pair
- A pair which is solely designed for playing in the hard court
- The enhanced XDR outsole delivers the required traction and grip.
Nike Men’s Zoom Cage 3 Tennis Shoes Review:
These Nike Men’s Zoom Cage 3 Tennis Shoes would have ranked themselves quite higher if not for their expensive price. Anyway, this pair comes with everything you need including the lightweight and breathable experience, durability, and traction, and the only thing we have found lacking is when some sizes do not fit well.
On the other hand, the shoes pay the full value of the money you pay with the XDR outsole which ensures maximum traction and grip. Also, the external TPU shank ensures that you get the torsional stability as well, especially when you are playing on the hard tennis courts.
Nike Men's Zoom Cage 3
- These are lightweight and supportive
- You will love the breathability
- Enough cushioning in the midsole and heels
- The ankle and heel support is quite good
- There are fitness issues despite the bootie construction
- The design is quite large and bulky
- Not something you actually want for tennis
They need shoes for hard court tennis raises the genuine demand for durability and thus we don’t want you to recommend shoes that are lacking in that aspect. However, there are plenty of options to choose from so make sure that you read the 10 best hard court tennis shoe 2020 reviews in detail and be able to choose the right pick at the end.
What is Hard Court?
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best tennis shoe for support?
Here are the top picks of the best tennis shoe for support
- NIKE Men’s Court Lite
- New Balance Men’s 786v2
- Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3
- Adidas Men’s Barricade Club
- Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV
What is a hard court tennis shoe?
The hard courts are one of tennis play areas where you need to buy shoes that have more shock absorption and even better cushioning for the support of the feet. For that, we had to go through many of the best hardcourt tennis shoes and form a collection for you.
- ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5
- NIKE Men’s Court Lite
- New Balance Men’s 786v2
- Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3
- Adidas Men’s Barricade Club
Can I wear clay court shoes on hard court?
Yes, you can use clay court shoes on hard court but you may not have enough cushioning or traction as well as your clay court shoes will not last as long on the hard court surface.
What makes a tennis shoe different?
Tennis shoes are specifically designed for use on the tennis court (Hard Court, Clay Court, Grass Court). Running shoes are built for heel-to-toe movement and the higher heel drop in running shoes comes from added support and cushioning.